-Chapter 4-

Vikky walked into his father's room with determination

Vikky walked into his father's room with determination. He had prepared his whole speech, practiced it trice. He knew he had it all settled. His buddy had to agree. Vivek saw him come and opened his arms for him. Vikky rushed to hug him.

"Utar gaya mere bache ka gussa?" Vivek patted his back gently. Vikky pulled back with a smile. Vivek ruffled his hair. He was relieved to see the smile back on his boy's face.

"Khaya?"

Vikky bobbed his head.

"Chal coffee bana deta hoon."

"Actually, maine coffee bana de hai. Chaley pete hai."

Vivek was taken aback, "tune coffee banaye?"

Vikky bobbed his head. Vivek checked his temperature to make sure he was alright. His child never went into the kitchen voluntarily. He loathed kitchen work, though he was well aware of the basics.

"Ho gaya to coffee pe le, thande pad jayege" Vikky drawled. Vivek smiled and walked out with him. From experience he knew his boy acted extra sweet only when he wanted something. He knew vikky will not be able to hold back for long. Very soon he would be pouring out his heart. He had only to play the waiting game.

Vikky made him sit at the kitchen table, where he had set everything ready. Vivek looked at the snacks at along with the coffee and was taken aback. His father was in no position to cook. Which meant Vikky made them.

"Tune banaya?"

"Nehi mere bhoot ne, khake batao yaar. Mere teen ghante ke mehnaat hai." Vikky dumped the chicken fries into Vivek's plate. He wanted his buddy to relax and loosen up before he could bring in his demands. That was the reason why he prepared the chicken fries, his dad's favorites.

At that moment he knew for sure that his son wanted something.

"What exactly do you want, Vikky?" He leaned against the chain and gave him a knowing look.