4. I Left Out a Tiny Detail...Oops?

You know how you have that one friend who sticks by your side wherever you go?

Well for the past week Mimi and Mike have been fighting for that spot. Now see being the new kid, apparently, I am fair game as a best friend. I have never heard this before but that's how it is according to those two. Mike had an assignment to finish for a class today, so Mimi took her victory by spending time at lunch with me. It was Friday and I honestly was ready to go home. I was glad it was my B-day so I can leave after third period.

When I saw Mimi today though, she looked like she had a plan in mind.

"You don't have any plans tonight right?" She stopped me mid sentence and I eyed her for a moment. She just had a small grin pulling at her lips.

"No, I was just planning on relaxing." She nodded her head pursed her lips. She looked me up and down, her eyes squinted and I gave her a funny look, "Yes Mimi?"

"Aren't you also super into cars?" She spoke again and I closed my locker and began to walk to the shop. I honestly wasn't sure about her words but I nodded.

"Yeah why?"

"Well there is this party tonight at an old drive in and there is a race track right next to it, and I was wondering if you might want to come?" She stood taller and she had a pleading look on her face.

I thought for a moment and bit my lip. I wasn't into parties. I never was, the only parties I had been too were birthday parties and they weren't that great. I mean it wouldn't hurt, I could just watch the cars race around for a little bit. There might even be a good movie playing if they still play movies there.

"I don't know Mimi." I shrugged.

"Oh come on, please? I promise I will stick with you the whole time! It's also a chance to meet new people and we can even watch the races for however long you want. Besides, you could meet some boys,"she wiggled her eyebrows and nudged my shoulder," I also don't want to take anyone else anyways." She puckered out her bottom lip and I rolled my eyes. I sighed, and let my shoulders relax.

"What kind of races?" I questioned and folded my arms and stopped in front of the shop door and leaned against the wall, she huffed and rolled her eyes; placing her hands on her hips.

"Just some guys who build there own cars and drive around in circles on this old track. Happy?" She raised an eyebrow.

I smiled and it sounded interesting. Especially if there are going to be old cars there. Races were very exciting, I guess it wouldn't be so bad. Even if it gets to be too much I can just come home.

"I can choose what I wear, yes?"

"Oh of course. This is going to be so fun! I can't even wait. Okay, I will come get you around six so be ready! I'm so excited." She smiled and she bounced up and down and she took my hands and made me bounce with her. I laughed and a lot of people around us gave us some odd looks as we went into the shop.

***

I had spent the next couple of hours getting some stupid homework done so I wouldn't have to worry about it later. I looked up a little bit about where these races were; I came up on nothing. I wasn't getting any information about where it was. I found the drive in but I found nothing about the party or whatever it was. It was like it was supposed to be on the down low. Which is super cool but I still wanted to know where I was going. The drive in looked way outside of the valley, or at least a mile or two outside of the city limits.

I wanted to tell my parents where I was going but I was afraid they will want me to come home too early if I say it's a party. I mean, it didn't sound like it was going to be some raging party with drugs and alcohol, but my parents worry because there are so many of us and one of us is bound to get into some trouble. I have chill parents, don't get me wrong, I'm sure they wouldn't have a problem with this party. I just knew Mimi would drag me out either way. I didn't really have a choice.