15. Unexpected.

I needed to get home.

That was that goal for the two hour drive back. Just get home, and Rider did everything in his power to make sure that happened. I had another anxiety attack in the car but he made sure everything was going to be okay. He was doing a really good job at keeping me calm. We also eventually had a call going between between the cars. We got a story straight, no one wanted me to be in trouble and Rider is the only one who actually will know how bad it will get.

The story was that one of the cars broke down so we all got a motel, not too far from where the car broke down . Guys in one room, girls in the other. We got up early and Rider fixed the car up and then we were on the road again. That's what we had gotten mapped out and all I had to do was sell it. My parents both had a good tendency of knowing when I was lying. They were walking lie detectors and me and my siblings didn't bother with lying anymore because none of us would get away with it. I was still worried, even though I could figure out my way around them. I knew I was still I. For some kind of trouble.

"Grasshopper," Rider had said and we were pulling into my neighborhood, "You got this. I'm going in there with you, we have other people willing to back up our story as well. Don't worry." Rider had one of my hands in his while he was driving because I had been shaking with anxiety.

"I know and I know my mom probably will ease the blow but she is going to be pretty mad as well." I had started chewing on my nails but Ruder pulled my hand away from my mouth.

"Don't do that. It will only make your nails worse along with your nerves." He said softly and he looked at me worried. We both knew I was going to at least get grounded but seeing as how my dad feels about him. We might not be able to be together.

We pulled up to my house and I sighed. The house seemed to calm on the outside but I knew the interior as filled with noise and hectic children running in circles. I looked at Rider once before I got out of the car. Rider followed and closed the car door behind me. As soon as he did that the front door of my house swung open and we both seemed to hold our breaths.

"Kendra!" I heard Mason voice squeal and sigh with relief as I started up the path. Masons body came running towards me and practically slammed into my body. I hugged him tight because he was my only shield right now.

"Hi buddy. What did you do last night?" I asked and I bent down to his level.

"Well I was playing hide and seek with Kirk and Brady but then Jen got mad at me because I hid in her room." I laughed a little bit because he didn't seem to care that she got mad.

"Good job. You remembered what I told you. Did the boys ever find you in there?"

"Nope! Just Jen." I laughed a little because this was an old trick I would play with Collin and Andrew.

When we were little we technically weren't allowed in Mom and Dads room so I always his in there because I knew they would never find me. Jen is overprotective of her room, which makes me curious what she is hiding, so that means Mason could hide in there but no one would ever find him.

"I'm proud. Are mommy and daddy home?" I asked nervous but Mason didn't seem to notice it in my tone.

"You betcha! They talked a lot about you last night. I think you are in trouble." Boy did I know it.

"Okay, buddy lets go in." I said as I stood up and I took his hand and Rider followed a long behind me. I pushed myself up the steps and I walked into the house and Rider closed the door behind us.

"Why is Peter here?" Mason asked louder then I would have liked him too.

"He is dropping me off." I answered and I looked around to see if I could find mom or dad anywhere.