Chapter 1

The young marquis plays with the beauty of foreign lands. The son of the minister meets his companion for the first time.

—————

[What the author wants to say:]

Essay! Maybe I'll try to finish it within five or six days, as long as I write quickly enough

----------

The Feng Dynasty was prosperous, the country was rich and the people were strong, and there were men, women, and Shuang'er among the people. People of three different genders lived harmoniously in this country.

Like other countries, the Feng Dynasty implemented the imperial examination system. Regardless of whether they were rich or poor, men all had the goal of studying to be an examiner and serving the country. From the royal family to the common people in the countryside, as long as there is a boy studying in the family, they will choose a suitable reading companion for him when the child is fifteen or sixteen years old.

The reason for emphasizing the harmonious coexistence of people of the three genders within the Feng Dynasty is mainly because countries outside the Feng Dynasty have serious gender discrimination and regard intersex as unknown. Most intersex are drowned in the water at birth. And the intersex in the Feng Dynasty not only did not suffer these malicious treatments, but also became the first choice for companion reading. In the Feng Dynasty, nine out of ten people selected intersex person as their reading companions.

Xie Yuliu fell asleep listening to his mother's explanation of the history of this dynasty's companion reading culture, but woke up in vain when the woman slapped her palm on the table.

"Liu'er! Did you listen to what your mother said!?" The beautiful woman was a little angry at her son's behavior of not taking her seriously. Her slender willow-leaf eyebrows were furrowed, making people want to smooth them over for her.

Xie Yuliu sat up straight and said slowly: "It's all up to you mother."

The beautiful woman's face became better and she said again: "Liu'er, it's not that mother is forcing you. It's just that you will be sixteen in two days. If you don't have a companion to study with you then, I'm afraid you will be laughed at in the academy. How can the son of the Minister of Justice not have a companion? Your father already had a companion when he was fifteen years old..."

"Mother, do you mean that a woman disguised herself as a man and deceived father and his whole family by recommending herself as a companion?"

Xie Yuliu directly pointed out what his mother had done in the past. The beautiful woman did not feel ashamed at all. Instead, she rolled her eyes at him, "That was my brave move to pursue love. Without me doing this, where would you be?"

Seeing that the topic had strayed, she was afraid that if she continued to talk, she would bring up the love past more than ten years ago, so she quickly returned to the topic, "Liu'er, do you like men or women? If it's not clear yet, mother has a good sister, your Aunt Xuan. She fell ill two years ago and left behind a little shuang'er who is exactly one year younger than you." It was clear at this point that the beautiful woman continued: "His father is also looking for a book owner for him, but he was afraid of meeting someone unkind, so he asked someone to find me. I had seen that child when he was a child. He was fair and tender, and it is unsafe to hand him over to others. It's better that you're his companion. I will feel at ease"

Xie Yuliu thought his mother was annoying and just wanted her to let him go quickly, so he nodded hurriedly and agreed that the child would be his reading companion and then ran away like a run for his life. The beautiful woman was not upset when her son ran away. She called a servant and said, "Go and buy an extra couch for the young master's room, and set up the empty cabin next to it as a bathhouse. It's time to dig out the letters in the warehouse, and invite an old lady to come over, and let her give some information to the two children in the past two days."