Chapter 2

Draco's POV

After my unfortunate encounter with that unhinged but-tried-to-be-unique-half-mudblood Loser Looney Lovegood, I went back to the Slytherin common room. Times like this I was hoping to bump into Pottah the-everyone's-favourite-hero since I couldn't sleep. Dissing him early in the morning could make up for the grumpy mood resulted from lack of sleep.

But since Looney Lovegood made quite a show this morning, I figured she could be my new victim. But boy she took my teasing better than Potter.

My mind wander through Luna as I sat down in front of the fireplace - watching the flames intensely flailed. Strangely, the flames occasionally stood-stil, as if staring directly back at me.

It almost felt as if the Dark Lord were staring at me too. Probably cursing me under his breath about what a failure I am. According to my father, he might be back with the help of Wormtail. 

You're a failure boy. If you want to live up to your family's expectations and keep the Malfoy name honorific to the end, you can't be a weakling. You can't even beat Potter in Quidditch and in duelling. What a weakling.

I kicked the table as I remembered my father's word before new semester started. My mother said nothing while I looked down - feeling ashamed of myself. With rage still building inside of me, I stood up andforced myself to get ready for class.