Chapter 4

Draco's POV

The Triwizard tournament is finally here. I can't believe Potter was chosen to participate in that bloody competition.

My father kept on plaguing me with questions like "why is it that every achievement, it has to be Potter? Why aren't you chosen for anything Draco? How many times to I have to tell you to not be a disgrace to this family?"

I ruffled my hair to further dishevelled it - having to put gel on it everyday just to show that you're from a wealthy pureblood family is exhausting.

I headed to the black lake in hopes to have a few moments of tranquility by myself - and to get away from Crabbe and Goyle. If those two idiots know I'm here, it would be about time before Parkinson knows.

I never see her as more than friend, though Father kept on pestering me to make romantic gestures towards her. Saying she is a pure blood, and her father's wealth is something I should take into consideration. Though not at par with the Malfoys, she still comes from a respectable family...I think. If you call respectable as in incarcerating innocent people in Azkaban.

I peered at my reflection in the water, pleased with my ruffled hair. Having to be a Malfoy, having the Dark Lord's expectations on you and supported by your family mare me hardly breathe sometimes.

I loosened my tie as my stress gets more intense, but at the same time I noticed a figure in the reflection as well that made me jumped.

I turned around and caught the blonde-haired girl with a kind smile on her face looking at me.

"What're you looking at, Looney?" I hissed, annoyed by her bright blue eyes that always seemed brooding when she stared at people.

"Oh nothing, this is my usual spot. Though I couldn't help but notice wrackspurts making their rounds above your head. You seem to have a lot to think about," she replied innocently, in her dreamy-like voice that could transport you to a fairytale world. If she's a princess like all the Muggles believe, her voice resembled of Snow White and her looks look like Sleeping Beauty.

Blimey..what are you thinking Malfoy? She is a Looney and not a Princess for Merlin's sake!

"What the hell are you talking about? Whatever..creatures you are mumbling about, they don't exist, LUNATIC," I spat, emphasising the last word.

"Wrackspurts do exist," she replied, ignoring my name-calling ber. "Though we can't see it, we can feel it. Which is why I can tell when someone's mind is scrambling."

I smirked, thinking this Lunatic moron didnt know a word she was rambling about.

Pity girl. No friends and making up creatures just coz shes bored.

"Whatever it is Lovegood, I'm not here to entertain your trivial talks about things I can't see. Stop disturbing my peace. "

"Also," she added, much to my annoyance. Though you can't see it Draco, I know there's some good in you but you don't want to show it to the world. "

I was taken aback by her statement. Looney thinks I'm..good?

I walked away and didn't bother to turn to see her reaction. I'm not sure the mortification was from the fact that she thinks I'm good or me being flattered that someone can see right through me.