Chapter 9

Luna's POV

The Yule Ball is in two weeks, and there was an influx of voices as the boys gathered up their courage to invite their preferred girls to the ball – and also some students muttering about the next task. Each and every task for the tournament seems daunting, and I can't help but feel bad for Harry.

I walked with the trio to the next class – Divinations II. Hermione showed pure hatred for the subject – but I quite like it. As we sat down, I noticed Draco was fiddling with the crystal ball – as if trying to predict his own future. I can't help but notice his deep blue eyes shone by the reflection of the crystal ball.

I sighed. How could someone be as beautiful as him be an arrogant, despicable scum?

I tried my best to not acknowledge his good looks, but indeed they are too good to be ignored.

Draco then averted his eyes from the Crystal Ball to me. Our eyes locked for a moment, but I can feel my heart beating faster. My brain says to look away, but my heart says otherwise.

"Ms. Lovegood?" Professor Trelawney's voice ruined the brief moments me and Draco shared.

"Y..yes?" I replied, trying to sound confident but xouldnt hide the nervousness in my tone. Why is it always me?

Some of the students laughed as usual. I looked ay Draco briefly and noticed he didnt join the rendesvous. I didnt know why, but inside, my heart wanted to burst into happiness. Draco Malfoy did not laugh at me. Our eyes locked again and I got lost in it, voices suddenly became muffled.

"My dear?" Professor Trelawney called out again.

This time I can feel my cheeks burning from the mortification.

"I asked if you wanted to try and predict your future. But I think..." she paused. The crystal ball turned smoky red and she gasped dramatically.

Murmurs reverberated the class as everyone stared, interested with what any possible revelation about my future.

"What is it Professor?" I asked calmly, but still feeling unnerved.

"Your future its...itsss.." she struggled to find the right words to say, shaking and her lips trembling.

I swallowed hard. "W...what do you mean?" I pushed further.

"Its dark. But..beautiful. Your life..you will face all the danger, but you will find the beauty of it. Perhaps happiness..perhaps love?" She explained dramatically.

I stared agape at her - too stunned to say a word. I didnt bother to look at how others were reacgint to this..bombshell?

Not until I heard a crystal ball dropped to the floor and everyone divert their attention to Hermione.

"This is ridiculous," she muttered, seething on the inside and headed out of the classroom.

"Was it something I said?" Professor trawleney asked innocently.