Chapter 5

Luna's POV

Amidst the tension surrounding the champions for the Triwizard tournament, the impending Yule Ball announced by Professor McGonagall got the students intrigued and many are excited to dress up and flaunt their looks.

I felt a little bit dejected, because I really wanted to go but I know no one's gonna ask me to be their date.

Who wants to be Looney Lovegood's date right?

I sat at Gryffindor table during lunch time - enjoying the scrumptious pudding while hearing my friends chattering about. I always stick with Harry's gang because I had a crush on him I guess.

But I know someone as great as Harry wouldn't have feelings for me. He fancies Cho Chang - who is amazing by the way. Hermione also secretly fancy Harry, but she kept it mostly to herself because she is afraid to lose her friendship with him. I remembered taking a quick glance at her diary when she was rummaging through things in her bag. The little pink notebook fell down, with some pages revealed - and I swear I saw Harry's picture in it with heart-shaped drawings all over it.

Who doesn't like Harry? He's handsome, smart, popular, and brave. Sigh.

I'm pretty sure Harry is gonna ask Cho to be his date.

"What are you thinking about Luna?" Ginny asked curiously, realizing I wasn't paying attention to their gossip.

"Oh, nothing. Umm..I'm just thinking about why there's so many wrackspurts on..uh..Malfoy's head," I replied in a desperate tone while pointing to Draco, who passed by after barging in arrogantly in the Great Hall.

Draco's hair was slicked back again. I much prefer his hair when I saw him by the lake that day. He must've ruffled them.

Wait, why did I mentioned him? The fact that he's staring at me right now from the Slytherin table right across me didnt help with my queasiness.

"Malfoy? That pathetic excuse for a human being?" Ginny said squeamishly.

I shrugged, deep inside I wanted to defend him but I'm not in the mood to get into a tirade of his bad deeds and why I should stay away from him.