Chapter 17

Just wanted to give a shout out to Ashleymon27 for reading and supporting my story! Thank you soo much from the bottom of my heart! <3 Now back to the story...another short chapter but the subsequent ones will be longer.

Luna's POV

I inhaled a huge chunk of air as I woke up on the surface of the water - suddenly remembering why I was there. Looking to my left and right, confusion settled within me - didn't someone save me?

I swam to the stands where I saw Hermione reached out her hand and pulled me up. As some of my friends gathered around me, Hermione wrapped a towel around me and Seamus wrapped me in another towel. I was shivering like mad. The Black Lake was almost as cold as ice. I can't help but curious on how I get up here by my own.

"Her...mio..nee," I said through gritted teeth. "Wh..who sss..saved..me?"

Hermione looked flustered by my sudden question.

"Um...actually Luna..," she trailed off.

"Move!" I heard Dumbledore's voice ordered, and the stands teemed with students decided to back away to make way for the Professor. Dumbledore kneeled down at an unconscious boy. My heart rate increased as I saw the owner of the lifeless body has light blonde hair. I frantically rushed over to the scene and pushed the students who gathered around him.

"Luna, wait!" Muffled voices of my friends can be heard, but I did not care as I am focused on one person.

"Draco!" I called out and shook him hard, not bothering Dumbledore trying to calm me down.

"Miss Lovegood..." he said.

I ignored one of the notorious figure in the wizarding world and placed my hands on Draco's chest - I've seen this in muggle movies before, where they placed a hand on the victim's chest and the other hand on top of it and started to push it in an up and down motion. Chest compressions - yes, thats what they called it. I was doing exactly that. Draco's face still hadn't shown any signs of reaction, and his eyes didn't even flutter open once. He looked even more pale than his originally pale skin, and my anxiety rose - what if he's dead?

As my body continued to move in sync with my hands, I noticed Draco's chest is tones. Damn, he does have some muscles.

Focus Luna! I immediately pushed those thoughts away and shouted for help. Everyone else looked dumbfounded. What the hell?

"Miss Lovegood, let's take him to the healer," Dumbledore said calmly. 

Taking him to the hospital wing will take time - unless we apparate. Draco wasnt breathing at all, and he could die soon of oxygen deprivation.

I pinched his nose and placed my hands on his mouth, opening it with all my might. Our mouths crashed together as I'm blowing air into him. Unsuccessful, I repeated the same mouth-to-mouth breathing technique. Hope the muggle movies were helpful.

His lips were so soft, and I can't help but imagine in the midst of trying to save his life, we could have kissed properly and feel the warmth of his lips as we snog passionately.

My heart felt like it leaped into the air as I saw him beginning to open his eyes.