Chapter 12

No POV

Crabbe and Goyle were throwing rocks at a third year student, making the poor bloke cried and and his forehead were bleeding by the stone's impact.

They noticed Draco left the meadows, walking back to the castle with Looney Lovegood.

"Hmm interesting, should we greet them Crabbe?" Goyle suggested with a smirk, and Crabbe raised his left eyebrow - wondering what their leader was thinking walking back with that Ravenclaw duckling.

Draco's POV

I don't know what's happening to me - I suddenly felt drawn to Looney...Luna. The fact that my brain shifted from her infamous nickname to her real name is bizarre.

Maybe I could ask her to the dance.

Bloody hell! No Draco, you can't go soft.

While I was walking with Luna side by side, my mind was battling with sordid thoughts. Luna was in vicinity to me, and I can feel her soft hands lightly hitting onto mine as we walked - she basically skipped, so our brief skin-to-skin moments sent a wave of electric shocks to my body.

I planned to go on our separate ways as we reached the castle, but my legs failed to do so. On the other hand, Luna kept on babbling things like magical creatures, that I should read her father's boring articles - but I wasn't really paying attention. Her soft hands are distracting me, and it made me wanted to take her hands into mine - imagining what it feels like having full grasp of her skin.

As we were walking, my very loyal followers Crabbe and Goyle came to burst our bubble. The look on their faces are so smug I wanted to punch them.

"Well well well what have we here. Malfoy and Loony? I thought you're better than that Malfoy!" Goyle taunted. He then observed Luna from head to toe. I know that look. It's the same way he has been eyeing Astoria.

"What are you on about, Goyle?" I replied, clenching my fist. Not only I felt betrayed he asked Astoria, but the fact that he is eyeing Luna right now made my blood boil.

"Oh hello, Crabbe and Goyle," Luna greeted kindly. Why does she have to be so bloody nice?

"What are you with doing with Looney, Malfoy?" Crabbe asked, less annoying but still curious. By this time, some students have gathered behind them to see the commotion.

"What's it to you, you idiots??" I spat. Some were going Oooo to add to the tension. Though I hate being seen with Luna, I am too egoistic to lose to those two idiots.

"Oh, nothing. I thought since I asked Astoria, you'd be pissed and decided to ask Looney. Wait till Parkinson hears about this!" Goyle smirked, and made me clenched my fist harder.

"So what if I'm taking Luna? Its none of your business you dimwit!" I literally screamed at this point, unable to control my anger. But after I realized what I have said, I looked at Luna. She seemed rather surprised as well, but given the circumstances it's too late to take it back now.

Then, she smiled - so it's a yes I'll going with you. She then took my hands in hers, my earlier imagination was a zilch compared to what the reality felt like. It sent an intense waves of electric shocks at first, before the shocks started to cool down and sent a feeling of warmth to my body. It melted my stone cold heart like butter, and I am unable to fully grasp this new feeling.

If I'm the Draco Malfoy who didn't have a soft spot for Loony Lovegood, I'd shoved her hands away. But I didn't. Her hands were cold, but soft. I gripped her hand tighter - attempting to transmit my warmness to her.

I turned back to Crabbe and Goyle, sending dagger looks to them. Goyle scrunched his nose,  disgusted looking the scene in front of him.

"Lets go Crabbe, Malfoy is clearly out of his mind."

I still didn't let go of Luna's hand, nor did she.

This girl will be the death of me, I can feel it.

Unexpected DangerOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara