Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Luna's POV

I couldn't sleep. My mind kept going back to the prophecy Professor Trelawney revealed - the hardships I'm about to face but I found love along the way.

Not gonna lie, though I feel scared, the "love" part got me giddy. Who's it gonna be? Would it be Harry? Am I destined to be with the Chosen One and beat evil together?

Or stuck in a bleak-cruel world of Malfoy?

Wait..why are they even on my list? I'm clearly wayyy out of their league but what shocked me nowadays is the fact I daydream about Malfoy alot.

How about Neville? Or Dean? Or Seamus?

They're cute, but they don't seem as adventurous that what Professor Trelawney led on. She maybe meant something..out of the ordinary.

I again, tried to sleep, but I can't help myself to be curious on who I'm fated to be with - to face all the dangers and nasty ordeals on top of that?

Draco's POV

"Oh come on, Draco, it'll be fun!"

Pansy kept on plaguing me with her annoying hints for me to invite her to the Yule Ball.

"It's ridiculous Pans. I'm not gonna waltz down like an idiot. Dancing is gorgeous lunatics," I snapped, completely outraged.

Speaking of LUNAtic, I remembered Loony that day. The way she danced. How her golden locks bounced, and looked as if they were flying as she twirled. How she looked so carefree despite being the odd one, how she just brushed off whatever bullies that came in her way.

Hmmm..maybe its not a bad idea to invite her to the dance after all.

I must be mad - to think about such preposterous things.

I tried to distract my mind by staring dreamily at Astoria. She's the most beautiful in Slytherin no doubt - every Slytherin boys stared agog at her, and some Gryffindors secretly admired her much to my annoyance.

Without thinking much, I left Pansy and made my way towards Astoria. I cleared my throat to get her attention, and mustered all the strength to ask Astoria to be my date. Might as well give it a shot.

"I'm sorry, Draco," she said apologetically. "Goyle already asked me.." she trailed off, guilt etched in her face.

That bloody Goyle. I'm gonna bloody kill him.

"Oh..." was the only word I could muttered, and walked off embarassingly. Malfoys don't usually get rejected, and if my father hears about this I would get in big trouble.