55

🔹🔸🔹

Jungkook's pov

My mind felt plagued with bombarding questions, everything departing from their sanity. It was getting difficult to connect the dots, to even perceive whether whatever we are seeing or hearing is even real or it is just another disaster our mind had picturized.

I don't know when was the last time I have seen Jimin so stirred, so troubled that he was moved to tears. I did my best to placate my aching heart, but nothing works. I don't know whether this ache was because he didn't take me worthy to share his whatever secret or the fear that he is related to taehyung's father or Bogum's death.

Both of them adjoining together and directing at me sneers and hurtful jeers. I was maybe not a good younger brother, or a wounding nasty betrayal was on its way.

"Jungkook, I think coronation has commenced! I am leaving and then you follow quick soon!" Taehyung's voice boomed against my eardrum, my head nodded curtly before he passed me a tight lipped smile,  disappearing soon after when he took a stark U cut around the corridor.

My eyes trailed past the vast intricate narrow lane, a weary sigh leaving my lips. I wish it could have bailed out with itself the surgeing storm inside my mind.

I don't know how but there was this baleful unsettling feeling evoking inside me. Something that was forbidding and sinisterous, but yet it was shouting for me, alarming me all along.

I looked over the antique chandelier, it's glimmering shimmers dancing in the ambience. Everything looks perfect, but I don't feel it. I cannot look past the doomy feeling inside me, and nontheless to say, I was getting scared for no reason.

I have been preparing my self for the awaited betrayal since the day I got to know that the culprit for the death's around was a member of royal light kingdom. But it always aches like the same, like the prior if not to mention, it escalates even fiercely.

The chuck of memories came flooding into me whenever I look upon my family members___those delightful laughters, those broken tears, the shoulders I have been provided during my worst times___ it all have formed a part of my brain and unlike earlier, it is becoming a nightmare to me. As long as I want to delay myself from knowing the culprit, these haunting memories were compelling me to do so.

"Son! " I flinched harsely when a hand patted my shoulder, my head turning toward my mother who was standing behind me with a huge smile on his pink tainted lips.

"Mom! " I meekly voiced out, a huge lump forming around my throat restricting my windy breath from escaping.

All of a sudden, I felt suffocated; breathless and I couldn't help but hug her... this was probably my first time in years I have initiated a hug for my mother. She chuckles softly, rubbing my back in soothing manner. I heaved a deep much needed breath, my mind pacifying its muddled thoughts.

"What happens? Son!" She repeats while carrassing my back, I was so indulged in her motherly warmth that I couldn't really register her simple words, my breath shallowing into smaller pants.

"I am your mother. you can share anything with me, dear! I am always here for you." Her whispered words drummed against my tympanic membrane, a instant smile creeping on my face. A sudden aplomb frissioning over me when I realized I have my parents for my back. The only thing I needed now to regain my precarious poise. I break into a smile before detaching from her, her eyes gleaming at me,