75

🔹🔸🔹

Taehyung's pov

I felt helpless, my heart beating erratically under my chest. But there was yet another person who was looking more impotent than me, the feverish powerlessness radaiting out from him....

...Light king! Yes, the defenseless stance shocked me to the core, his creased skin dragging me to the edge. I really don't want to feel anything for him, offcoursely for what he did to jungkook. But the beseeches he was sending my way was stretching my heart into another direction. Not because I was pitying him or feeling anyhow affectionate for him, but rather to let him accept his mistake_____infront of jungkook which is what he was imploring me for the past hour.

His moist weary eyes stayed on me hopefully, beckoning me indirectly to escort him to his son... Well, the disowned one.

I chuckled humourlessly while rotating on my throne, my fingers tapping the cushioned sides of throne in anticipation.

"He doesn't want to meet you, I think I made it clear to you! " My cold blooded voice resonated across the silent hall, a shy murmuring voice of mine echoing back.

"Let me meet him, dark king! He is my so__"

"Which you disowned and banished out from your kingdom. Moreover, weren't you the one who threatens him to not show his face to you! " I cut him off immedaitely, the bubble of rage popping into a mocking outburst as he recoiled in sheer shame.

"I-I want to meet him... " He pleaded feebly, his voice coming almost inaudibly. It felt as if the air around was eating his words, as a sort of condemnation for his deeds. He cleared his throat, painstakingly swallowing saliva to dry up his parched pharynx.

"...please! " My head spinned at him at a lightening speed, the unexpected word seems to float heavy on air as it bounces back from the cold walls as if the plead was rejected by them, as if it was meant only for my ears... for me to accept only.

I whipped my head down when I found myself giving in. I ain't this gullible, I never was even a ounce of this but the sincerity in the voice begged me for him. Begged me to let him absolve his mistakes, and redeem them in however he want.

Unaware about the bobbing of my head, my subconscious nod set a promise in the air that quickly filled his eyes with tears. Sighing irritatingly, I standed up before approaching him just to pass by him.

"Follow me! " I rudely states out, though the words came less strained than my prior one. He instantly went on his heels, the soles of his footwear thumbing on the black tiled floor.

Ushering him seems musingly less burdening than I expected, the silence following us silently too.

When I halted just infront of my room, his feets skipped to a abrupt stop just some steps behind me. The potent citrus smell dominating the air, telling alone who was probably inside the room.

"Here you go! " I whispered out while stepping aside, lending him way to his deliverance. He looked at me thankfully, his shaky hands clutching the knob before they rotated it.

"I hope you use this opportunity... rightly! I won't be merciful everytime! " I muttered gravelly, my eyes boring indirect daggers that shoots clear message to him. There wasn't any threat in it, but a awaring warn for him.