[13]

.
.
.
.
.

Jisoo

I still can't believe I'm going to Taehyung's family dinner. To be honest, I hate family dinners. I don't even like attending my own family's dinner and yet here I am. He's going to owe me big time for this.

I took a deep sigh to mentally and physically prepare for this night and take a look in my full length mirror. I look simple which was what I was going for. I was in a simple casual light purple dress that I gof fir Christmas and my brown sandals. My hair was caught in a messy ponytail. I put my phone into my small shoulder bag and went downstairs.

My father and step mother was laughing in the living room when i reached downstairs. I couldn't help the smile that look over my face when I saw them together. I was so glad that my father was happy again. I couldn't ask for anything more than this.

"I'm leaving now!" I announced, drawing their attention towards me.

Dad looked up at me from head to toe before saying. "Okay sweetheart. Have a good time" He said.

"And please say hello to Mrs. Kim for me" Jiwon added.

"Okay thanks, I will" I waved at both of them and head to the front door. Once I was on the front porch, I took a look over at Taehyung's house. I heave out a heavy sigh. The backyard was already buzzing with people and all the lights were on inside and outside the house. I had no idea it would be so many people. I started to feel nervous in any passing second. I checked my watch and saw that it was ten minutes to seven.

I took another sigh, but this time it was to calm my nerves. 'you can do this, Jisoo. Just go over there, be yourself and before you know it this will all be over' I thought to myself. With gained confidence l, I stepped from my front gate and walked over to Taehyung's house. I ring the door bell of the front gate.

Just for a minute, Taehyung came to open the door for me with a mischievous grin crossed his face. "Good, you made it"

"Yeah!" I said as I stepped inside and went straight to the living room. "You're lucky I turned up"

"Oh come on. This is not going to be bad" He replied.

"Not for you, but this is going to be torture for me" I countered with a little pout on my lips.

Taehyung just laughed at me and stretched out his hands for me to take. I liked at the outstretched hands for a few seconds, before I sighed and took it. He then left us through the living room, the dining hall and finally through the back door where most of the guests were gathered. Taehyung led me in the direction of where his mother stood with three other people. His mother looked in our direction and smiled upon she spotting me.

"Hello Jisoo. I'm glad you could make it. It's good to see you again" She exclaimed, as we finally reached where they stood and she surprised me by pulling me into a warm hug.

She drew back after a minute and looked towards her companions. "Jisoo, these are my sisters, Yejin and Yeji and our uncle, Deok Hwa" she undirected each ones as she called their names. She then turned to me again. "This is Jisoo, Taehyung's girlfriend"

"Hi, nice meeting you" Aunt Yeji said, giving me a big friendly smile. I baked at them.ad the others expressed the same sentiments.

Half an hour later, I had met and chatted with Taehyung's family members. Cousins, aunts, uncles and grandparents. They were all friendly, loving and easy to talk to. Throughout the whole interlude, Taehyung never let go of my hands even though many times I was tempted to pull my hands out of his. I didn't because I couldn't make anything look suspicious and ruin the whole thing. After all, everyone was convinced of our relationship and I wanted it to stay that way.