[23]

.
.
.
.
.

Jisoo's POV

When I left Nayeon's house,I went directly to Taehyung's. I wanted to get this out of the ways as soon as possible.

As soon as I got to his house, I walked up to the front door and rang the doorbell. I stood fiddling with my fingers as I waited for him to answer the door. A few seconds, the door was opened revealing Taehyung. He smiled when he sees it was me. "Hey Jisoo!"

"Taehyung, I need to talk to you"

"Sure" He said opening the door for me to enter. Once I took a seat on the couch, Taehyung come over and sat beside me as he facing me. "What's up?" He asked.

"Umm...I think it's time for us to end our fake dating" I said getting straight to the point.

His eyebrows furrowed in confusion and he was quiet for a while. "Why?" He asked after a few seconds.

"Well, Suho isn't bothering me anymore and your mother is okay with you again. So, there's no need for us to pretend anymore" I explained, trying my best not to let my feelings bely on my words.

Taehyung stared at me for a little longer, what seems like a long time working saying anything. "okay" He finally said then cleared his throat. "You're right. That's make sense. We don't need to pretend anymore"

I finally look meeting his eyes. "So, it's an agreed then"

"Uh, yeah sure" He replied. I sat there for a while not sure what to do before he asked. "So, what would we say to people?"

"We grew apart. It was a mutual agreement and we're still friends. No one would question it" I simple reply.

"Friends?" He repeated as if the word was foreign to him. "Okay then, if that what you want" He said finally.

I looked at him fir a brief moment. I really wanted to just walk over to him and hug him right now. Just to be in his arms one last time and feel him close to me. We weren't going to date anymore, so we won't be in each others arms anymore. We won't even be close to each other like before from now on.

But of course, I didn't do that though. He would looked at me weirdly and wondering why I did it. I wouldn't have any viable explanation. I didn't want to scare him and show my true feelings in any way.

"Thank you for helping me. I'm glad you did" I said before things get awkward.

"You know, the pleasure was all mine" He smiled, but it didn't reach his eyes. It wasn't his usual confident and happy smile that I was accustomed to. But why?

I stared down at the floor for a bit before facing him again. "So I'm, thanks again"

"Yeah, anytime" I left his house and walked over to mine feeling utterly incomplete. I couldn't explain the feeling, but it was as if I left my heart behind.

***
Next day..

"Hey Jisoo, do you know where's Taehyung?" I turned from my locker towards the voice. I saw that it was Jimin who was behind me.

I shrugged my shoulder by his question. "I don't know. I don't think he's here as yet"

Jimin stared me with a confused expression. "When I saw you, I thought he was here. You guys always come together"

"Ah, I left home early this morning. That's why" I stated before bringing my voice as a whisper. "And besides, we don't need to come to school together anymore now that our fake dating has come to an end"

"What? Are you serious?" Jimin asked in shock.

"Yeah, what did you expect?" I asked confused by his shocked expression. "And what's the big deal anyways? You should have known that it was going to come to an end sooner or later, right?"