Too Long

As soon as Sun left, you lay on your side, facing towards the entrance of the room. You heard a bit of laughing and talking from them and the kids but most of it was muffled due to the amount of space and walls between you and them. You continued lying there, looking around the room a bit before drifting off to sleep once again.

Hours pass before you feel weight around you, the feeling of arms wrapping around you from both sides. When you open your eyes you can see Sun snuggling up to you, Moon's arms wrapped around your waist from behind as he nuzzled into the back of your neck. "Hello sleepy head," Moon says teasingly. "We hope you slept well" Sun adds softly with a smile. You smiled at them tiredly, your arms wrapping around Sun lightly. "Only because you two worn me out." You chuckled lightly, your body relaxing into Sun and Moon's hold.

They both chuckle softly, their voice boxes vibrating against your torso and back like a tiny massage. "It's been so long...too long," Moon whispered, holding you closer as you're sandwiched between them. "Only a few...years." You say quietly. "That's too long. Even a few weeks was misery without you." Sun smiles softly. "Too long without holding you..." "and kissing you..." "hearing your voice..." They continued to go back and forth, listing off things they missed about you before they looked at each other, exchanging a smile.

"Too long without saying...we love you to the moon and back..."