SHOT 2

Parinidhi's pov!

Haresh Prasad ji dropped us both, along with the sweets, in front of Raichand's House.

It was five in the evening and the security let us in after checking with someone named Jeevika.

"Hey Bhagwan! Look at this place, Priya di. It looks like a palace. And see how silent and peaceful and beautiful this place is. I can live here all day!" I said, looking around excitedly as we walked towards the main door.

"Nidhi, don't say all this in front of them. Keep control over your tongue and a tight control over your entire self." Priya said, in a half warning and half pleading tone.

"Why, Priya di? I am only complementing their place. I am not saying anything bad." I said, offended.

"My darling Nidhi. You please stay silent. Don't utter a single word. If you start talking, nobody can stop you. And these people, they are all wealthy and influential people. They might not like all this." Priya said and I reluctantly nodded my head.

No talking! How is that possible! How can I stay for even a minute without speaking?

We pressed the calling bell and the door was opened a few seconds later by a short man wearing a butler's outfit.

"Who is it, Girish?" An elderly voice called out from inside the mansion.

"We are the catering people. We have come with the sweets and delicacies for the party." I answered loudly, already forgetting my sister's warning. I heard Priya di's exasperated sigh and I shot a sheepish smile at her, earning a glare in return.

"You are never going to change." Priya di muttered under her breath and I quickly pecked on her cheeks, making a barely there smile break out on her face.

That was enough for me.

"Come inside, please."

With that we both were ushered into the house which was busy with the last minute preparations of the prayer.

I looked around the house in wonder.

"Is this a house or a palace?" I asked loudly, earning a pinch from Priya di.

"Shut up, Nidhi."

"Hello," We greeted the elderly lady standing in front of us.

"Hello. I am Kalindi Raichand. This is my granddaughter, Jeevika." The elderly lady introduced herself and the young woman walking towards them.

"Hello Ms Raichand. I am Parinidhi Vyas. This is my sister Priyadarshini Vyas." I quickly introduced myself and Priya di.

"Call me, Jeevika, please." Jeevika said with a smile, and we both returned the smile.

"Where should we keep the sweets and the snacks?" Priya di asked politely.

"In the kitchen. Girish ji, please take the containers from them. I will also accompany you." The butler and another househelp, took the boxes and Jeevika ji guided us towards the kitchen where we kept the large carriages of sweets and snacks.

"Girish ji will get the trays, Parinidhi ji. Would you mind arranging them beautifully?" Jeevika ji asked.

"Of course no. And please call me Nidhi. And call her Priya." I said with a smile.

"By the way, Jeevika ji, your house is so beautiful and peaceful." I couldn't hold it in me from complimenting the house even after being warned by my sister not to do so, earning a sweet smile from Jeevika ji.

"Girish!" We heard someone yelling from upstairs and I made a face at that.

"Maybe not that peaceful!" I mumbled under my breath.

"Uh! That's my Bubba. Let me go and check what he needs." Jeevika ji excused herself and walked inside.

"Bubba? And such an authoritative and baritone voice? It's strange, right Priya di, for a child to have such a baritone voice." I said thoughtfully.

"Nidhi, please mind your own business. Don't interfere in their matters." Priya di warned me for the umpteenth time.

"Hey Bhagwan! You don't love me anymore, Priya di. That's why you are always scolding me." I said dramatically, clutching my heart and adopting a painful look on my face.

"Shut up and do your work." Priya di rolled her eyes and warned me again.

Third person's pov!

Siddharth Singh Raichand was busy barking orders at Mukul Gupta, his executive assistant, when Jeevika walked inside his room.

"Bubba? I heard you calling out.?" She asked as she approached him.

"Di, I called Girish for a glass of juice. Not you. Why did you climb the stairs in your condition?" Sid asked with a frown.

"I am pregnant. Not sick, Bubba." Jeevika said, rolling her eyes.

"Yes, I know. But the doctors have told you to be careful during the first trimester. Why did you take pain climbing the stairs?" Sid scolded his sister again.

"It's not a bother, my darling brother. Come downstairs quickly. The prayer will start shortly." Jeevika reminded him once again.

"Di, you people do whatever you want. I am staying back. That is a favour I am doing. Don't expect anything more from me.." He waved it off, concentrating on the call again.

Their biggest fashion exhibition is in a few months and he has to finalise the designs which Mukul had sent him just now.

Jeevika shook her head in disappointment and came downstairs.

She was thinking about her brother and she didn't notice where she was walking and stumbled, losing her balance.

"Jeevika ji, careful." Nidhi was quick to come to aid.

"Thank you, Nidhi. I was thinking about something else and I didn't notice the vase." She said absentmindedly.

"Jeevika, you have to be careful. How many times do we have to say? Can't you sit somewhere and rest? You are very delicate now." Kalindi, their grandmother scolded, rushing to her granddaughter's side.

Nidhi looked on in confusion. Jeevika looked absolutely fine in her eyes.

"I am two months pregnant." Jeevika said, seeing the confused look on Nidhi's face.

"Oh wow! Congratulations. Hello baby. I am Parinidhi. Parinidhi Vyas. I don't know whether we will ever meet again. But as they say, the earth is round in shape and one fine day you will cross my path." Parinidhi said cheerfully, leaning down and staring at Jeevika's still flat belly, making Kalindi and Jeevika chuckle.

Nidhi looked up and saw Jeevika still looked troubled.

"What happened? Your Bubba is still angry?" She asked and Jeevika looked up in surprise. 

A/N

Here goes the next chapter..

The first couple of chapters might look dry. As I have to introduce the characters and their nature and all. As the chapters progress, this will get interesting, I promise..

Please do vote and comment!'

And please share the story with your fellow readers and book buddies..

Love,

SF❤️