SHOT 47

Parinidhi's pov!

"Nidhi, what happened? You look dead on your feet!" Priya di rushed to me, seeing me stepping into our house.

"It was a long day, Priya di. I am a bit tired. That's all." I said, pasting a smile on my face, hiding my heartbreak from my beloved sister. But I know I cannot hide from her for long. She knows me well. She will eventually figure it out. But as long as I can hide it, I will.

"You are overworking yourself, Nidhi. They are making you work too much." Priya di complained and I smiled at her concern.

"You are right. But there is nothing to worry about anymore. That job is over. I don't have to go there anymore." I said and I saw relief spreading across Priya's face.

"Thank god! I don't know why, but I never liked you working there. That man, Siddharth Raichand. He always insults you and hurts you." Priya said, her dislike of Siddharth ji evident in her voice.

"He can't hurt me anymore, Priya di." I said with conviction and she frowned at my strange tone.

"I will take a shower and go to bed, di. I am too tired." I said and hurried towards the bedroom I shared with my sister. I couldn't stay in front of her anymore. I was scared I would break down.

I locked myself in the washroom and as I stood under the shower, I let the water wash away all my feelings too.

As I laid on the bed that night, memories of the last month flashed through my head like a movie. The one month after Jeevika ji had taken me away from Siddharth Singh Raichand.

A MONTH BACK

Third person's pov!

"How is your work going now?" Priya asked, as they walked towards the mandir.

"Peaceful.." Nidhi said softly. It has been three days since she started working with Jeevika. After that day in the cafeteria, Jeevika had been adamant on taking Nidhi away from Siddharth Raichand's atrocities.

It was a relief, but at the same time a strange sense of disappointment was also there.

Why was sheI even disappointed? She should be thankful to Jeevika for saving her from that rakshas.

Nidhi and Priya walked towards the temple, both of them looking ethereal in the traditional dhavani sets they were wearing. The soft rustle of the fabric seemed to be in harmony with their whispered conversations.

The air was filled with the sweet scent of jasmine flowers, and the gentle breeze carried with it the promise of serenity.

As they reached the temple, the atmosphere was thick with the fragrance of incense and the soft murmurs of prayers. They removed their sandals outside, lifted the skirt of their dhavani with one hand and climbed the long fleet of steps leading to the mandir.

Nidhi approached the idol of Shiv-Parvathi, their eyes closing in silent devotion. Priya followed suit, bowing her head in prayer.

The pandit came forward with the prasad and the girls accepted them with both their hands and closed their eyes again in devotion.

As Nidhi opened her eyes again, a chill ran down her spine, her heart skipping a beat as she spotted Siddharth Raichand entering the temple with his sister, Jeevika.

"Mandir mein rakshas?" The surprise and horror were evident in her widened eyes as she muttered under her breath.

Jeevika's face lit up upon seeing Nidhi and Priya. She rushed towards them, her smile warm and welcoming.

"Nidhi, Priya! I didn't expect to see you here. Isn't it wonderful?" Jeevika said excitedly.

"Di, you aren't supposed to run around like this.." Siddharth admonished his pregnant sister, who in turn rolled her eyes.