SHOT 46

Parinidhi's pov!

"One last question! Why, Mr Raichand? Why did you carry my pendant all these months?" I whispered, my voice barely audible in the night breeze.

"You are clumsy and irresponsible, Ms Vyas. You have the habit of leaving your things here and there. Just like how you left your pendant in my room one of those times you came there unannounced and uninvited." Siddharth said coldly and I felt my heart breaking once again.

I know he could see the pain in my eyes. No matter how hard I try, I was unable to hide it.

"Don't start building castles in the air, Ms Vyas. Don't find any unnecessary meanings to me having your pendant with me all these days. I found it on my bedroom floor one day. I didn't know whose it was. I just threw it into my bedside table drawer and then totally forgot about it. It was just a few days ago I heard my sister and you talking about your missing chain. And when I saw it today, I just returned it. That's it." Siddharth ji said and my palms fisted the pallu of my saree tightly to hide the shivers of it.

"Don't make the mistake of thinking that a wealthy man had kept your pendant safely with him all these days cherishing it. I don't care about these things. It doesn't mean a thing." Siddharth said coldly.

"It doesn't mean anything??" I couldn't help the broken whisper that escaped through my lips.

"Probably it meant something to you. You must have started thinking that a wealthy man had kept your pendant with him all these days and it meant something more and that your life is made. I won't blame you. It is quite natural for a middle class girl like you to start having such dreams after spending time with wealthy families like us. That just shows your status." Siddharth said coldly and I was trying hard to stop my tears from rolling down my cheeks. After all that he said, I couldn't let him see that vulnerability of mine.

"Neither you nor your things mean anything to me. Get this straight into your head, Ms Vyas, nothing related to you matters to me in any way." Siddharth ji said coldly.

Siddharth's pov!

I needed to push her away. I needed to get her out of my life so that I could get a moment of peace.

I stared at the young girl clad in the wine coloured saree. The girl whom I had held in my arms a while ago.

A girl whom I almost kissed, moments before announcing my engagement to Bhavna.

I clenched my teeth and fisted my palm into a tight fist.

This girl had caused me to lose control. My legendary control! No one had dared to do that before. No one will ever. This momentary slip will never be repeated.

"I have seen many women like you in my life, Ms Vyas. The moment you see money, you will forget your middle class status and start chasing the luxury lifestyle in front of your eyes." I said coldly.

Parinidhi had her head bent until I said those words. When I uttered those despicable words her head shot up and she stared into my eyes. I sucked in a sharp breath seeing her eyes.

Her eyes were empty. Her always expressive eyes looked empty now. A chill travelled down my spine seeing how she looked.

"Done, Mr Raichand? Have you finished saying whatever you wanted to say? If there is nothing left to say, I would like to take my leave. I have a family waiting for me at home. Your family must also be waiting for you. Especially your fiance. Why don't you go and spend some time with her? After all, you guys are a newly engaged couple. Anyways, congratulations on your upcoming wedding, Mr Raichand and excuse me please." Parinidhi said in a dangerously calm tone.

The calmness made me restless. This was not what I wanted.

What did I really want?

Parinidhi's pov!

What a loathful man!

His hateful words echoed inside my head and the heartache was becoming unbearable with each passing second.

But no. I wouldn't let this man see how much he had hurt me. How he broke me. I would never let him know the power he has over me. Never ever! He doesn't deserve to know that.

With that said, I turned around and walked out from there, but I can still sense that his eyes are still on me. As if it ever left me. Even when he was making Bhavna wear the ring, his eyes were on me.

What kind of a man was he?

A man with no morals.. A man who doesn't respect women. A man who uses them as he pleases. I had a lucky escape from him.

I didn't stop to say goodbye to any of the excited family members. I quietly slipped out of the house through the service entrance and walked out of the huge compound. As it is, my notice period ends today and there will be no need for me to return here.

Tears streamed down my cheeks as I walked down the lanes of the deserted road.

The pain was unbearable. I still don't know what I exactly felt for him, but I knew it was intense.

Whatever I feel for this man has the power to destroy me. But I will not let him.

I cupped my mouth with both hands and sobbed into them, letting them muffle my cries.

I do not want an audience for my heartbreak, when up until a while ago, I had no idea that my heart was involved in this.

What is this feeling called?

This overpowering consuming intense feeling I feel for someone who had only ever hurt me. Only ever hurled insults at me.

Why does it have to be him? Why god? Why? Why does he have this much power over my feelings? I dropped down on the road on my knees and hugged myself and cried hard.

Why did I let him touch me like that? Why? When I know he belongs to someone else?

How could I let go of my morals like that and let a committed man touch me? And heaven forbid, if that call hadn't come. What would have happened? Would he have kissed me? Would I have let him?

There were lots of questions with no answers.

And I do not want answers anymore.

Whatever I felt, whatever I still feel for him, will have to be buried. Because this will only lead to heartbreak.

Siddharth Singh Raichand!

Your chapter in my story ends today.

From this moment, Siddharth Singh Raichand means nothing to me. Not even Parinidhi Vyas's shadow would touch you from now on.

This is Parinidhi Vyas's promise!

A/N

Hey guys! I had posted on my message board about the update schedule this week. There will only be two updates of each book this week, as I am busy with moving to another city. Will try to get back on schedule the next week..

PS : This scene is heavily inspired from the show Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon. 

Please do vote and comment..

Love,

SF❤️