SHOT 18

Siddharth's pov!

I walked briskly out of the conference room, towards my cabin and I slammed the door shut once I got in.

How dare she?

How dare she step into my lair and challenge me?

Her bloody nerve!

Ansh and Mukul barged into my cabin without even knocking and I was too busy being furious as Parinidhi to blast at them for barging in.

"Sid.." Ansh began to speak and I glared at him furiously.

"So, you knew she was working here and you let her. And you didn't find it necessary to inform me?" I asked them coldly and saw Ansh and Mukul exchanging glances at each other.

"We had every intention of laying her off as soon as we found out. But we came to know that Parth directly appointed her at Jeevika di's behest. So, we didn't interfere, Sid." Ansh said, defending themselves.

Of course, if Jeevika Di made a decision, nobody would oppose it. Not even me.

I let out a furious sigh as I walked to and fro inside my cabin like a caged tiger. Her defiant face and challenging words made a strange sensation run through my veins and I was more annoyed at that.

No! Parinidhi Vyas will not last here for long and I will make sure of that.

Be ready to face hell, Parinidhi!! With that thought, I walked briskly out of my cabin and I could hear the footsteps running behind me. But I ignored it and got into my personal elevator to reach the floor where Parinidhi is posted.

Parinidhi's pov!

"Relax, Nidhi. Relax. Don't let him get on your nerves." I spoke to myself as I walked to and fro in the corridor.

"Nidhi, what is wrong? You were so thrilled when you went up. Now what happened to you?" Swati asked.

"Oh! Don't ask me! I had no idea this company belonged to that Rakshas. If I knew, I would have never come here." Nidhi said in exasperation and Swati looked at me in confusion.

"Rakshas? Who is Rakshas? This company belongs to Mr Rai." Swati said.

"Mr Rai! That's where you made a mistake, Swati. You should have specifically mentioned him as Mr Raichand when you spoke about him. If you had, I would have run out of here so fast that you all would have wondered if I was a figment of your imagination.." Nidhi said, huffing in annoyance.

"What do you mean?" Swati asked in confusion.

Before I could respond to Swati's confused queries, I saw a furious Bhavna Chavan walking towards me.

"Who the hell do you think you are? To speak with such disrespect towards Sid? Ms Vyas, you crossed your boundaries today." Bhavna yelled at me and I felt my anger bubbling up within me.

"Forgive me, Ms Chavan. But it was Mr Raichand who began it." I pointed out calmly and she shot a furious look at me.

"So? What if he had? He is the owner of this company. Your boss. He had every right to say whatever he wanted." Bhavna argued hotly.

"I beg to disagree, Ms Chavan. If I had made any mistake at work, or if the company faced any loss because of my carelessness or tardiness, he has every right to yell at me and scold me. But that was not the case today. He had brought up a personal issue, a misunderstanding and wanted to fire me on the basis of that, without even cross checking if I am capable of doing the job. That was very unprofessional of Mr Raichand." I said calmly, yet sternly.

"Right! So, Ms Vyas. I decided to check your abilities and qualities myself and make sure that you are worth working for Rey Designs.." The booming voice attracted my attention and I looked up to see Mr Raichand, watching me with his cold, intent eyes.

I felt a shudder running through me at the way he looked at me. As if he would like nothing more than to kill me with his own bare hands. He wouldn't hesitate to do that either.

"Sid, what do you mean?" I heard Bhavna asking him in confusion.

"I checked her files and saw that she is an errand girl here. As it is, I am badly in need of an errand girl, who is at my beck and call." Siddharth said and I bristled at the way he said that.

"I won't be at anybody's beck and call, Mr Raichand." I said furiously and a smirk made its way to his hard and unsmiling face.

"Uh oh! That's so sad to hear, Ms Vyas. But that's what you signed up for. Remember?" Siddharth Raichand asked sarcastically and I stared at him furiously, knowing very well what I signed up for.

And I can clearly see what he is trying to do. He is trying to prove that I won't be able to work here and probably he is planning to make me quit myself rather than firing me.

Well, Mr Raichand! Challenge accepted!

"Alright, Mr Raichand! What work do I have?" I asked, staring him square into his eyes.

"First of all, let's transfer you to the top floor. After all, I will need you anytime." Siddharth said with a smirk.

"Sid.." Ms Chavan tried to intervene, but Mr Raichand stopped her just by raising his palm in her direction, without even looking at her face.

"Pack your stuff and move up. NOW!" Siddharth said, snapping his fingers, as though he was ordering his pet dog.

"I will ask the office boy to bring her things up." Ansh ji, who had been standing silently beside Mr Raichand until now, talked.

"I think Ms Vyas is quite capable of doing her job herself, Ansh." Siddharth said coldly, making it clear that nobody is to help me in any way.

It didn't matter much to me as I didn't have much stuff at my desk to move.

"I want you in my cabin within ten minutes, Ms Vyas. You have ten minutes to settle yourself in your new place.." With that said, Mr Raichand walked out and everyone gathered around, collectively let out a breath of relief.

A/N

Here goes the next shot..

Please do vote and comment dear readers..

Please share the book with your fellow readers too..

Love,

SF❤️