SHOT 31

Parinidhi's pov!

I was walking down a dimly lit alley, the sound of my own footsteps echoing off the walls. A sense of unease prickled at the back of my neck as I quickened my pace, my heart pounding with fear.

Suddenly, two shadowy figures emerged from the darkness, their faces hidden by the shadows. Dread washed over me as I realised I was being cornered by some strangers. I tried to scream for help, but my voice caught in my throat, leaving me paralyzed with fear.

Just as the figures closed in on me, a familiar figure stepped out from the shadows.

Siddharth Singh Raichand!

His presence was commanding and reassuring. Relief flooded through me as I watched him confront the assailants, his movements fluid and confident.

With swift and decisive strikes, Siddharth got rid off the attackers, sending them fleeing into the darkness. As the adrenaline of the moment subsided, I found myself drawn to him, a strange warmth blossoming in my chest.

Without hesitation, I threw my arms around him, pulling him into a tight embrace.

"Thank you so much, Siddharth ji," I whispered, my voice trembling with emotion.

To my surprise, Siddharth ji returned the embrace, holding me close to him.

"You are safe now," he murmured, his voice soothing and reassuring.

But as I basked in the safety of his arms, a surge of boldness swept over me.

"I love you," I blurted out, the words escaping my lips before I could stop them.

Siddharth ji pulled back slightly, his gaze searching mine. For a moment, there was a flicker of something in his eyes – surprise, perhaps, or uncertainty.

Then, with a small smile, he reached up to brush a strand of hair from my face.

"I love you too, Pari," he said softly, his tone gentle and adoring..

And then, in the blink of an eye, the dream shifted, fading into darkness as I woke up with a start. I sat up in bed, my heart racing and my mind reeling from the intensity of the dream.

"Hey Bhagwan! Did I just see Siddharth Raichand in my dream again? And this time, he wasn't a rakshas in the dream. Instead he was my protector. My knight. My prince." I spoke, looking at the Lord Shiva idol in my room.

"Why did I have such a dream? And why him? And did I say I love you to him in my dream? To him out of all the people?" I cried out in frustration.

"What is it with you in the morning itself, Nidhi? Get ready. Don't you have to go to the office?" Priya di asked and I pushed the duvet off me and got up from the bed and hurried towards the washroom.

Before closing the washroom door, I turned and looked at my sister with a sheepish smile.

"What is it?" Priya di asked suspiciously.

"My darling Priya di, please fold my blanket too.." I said with puppy eyes.

"As if you are the one doing it everyday.." Priya di said, rolling her eyes and I flew a kiss at her and closed the washroom door. As soon as the door was closed, that dream again flashed through my head and I groaned in frustration as I stood under the shower.

****

"Oh god, Nidhi! What happened to you? You always have a bright smile on your face. But today, since the time you came to the office, you have a scowl etched on your face.." Swati complained looking at me.

"Nothing," I said with a scowl.

"See, you are still scowling. I think working with Mr Rai, his scowl got rubbed off on you.." Swati said with a chuckle and my scowl deepened.

"Don't you dare compare me to him.." I said with a scowl and started typing the work I was assigned for the day.

My work for the day is to enter some files, from god knows which century, into the system and digitise them. I am hundred percent sure this work is of no particular use. Mr Raichand simply wanted to give me a workload and he gave me this.

But the reason for my annoyance today is not the work. I am used to doing totally useless work now.

But my frustration comes from the dream I had this morning.

As I sat at my desk, trying to focus on my work, my mind kept drifting back to the dream I had this morning. It was unlike any dream I had ever had before, and it left me feeling uneasy.

I couldn't shake the feeling of unease that lingered in the aftermath, nor could I ignore the unsettling realisation that Siddharth Raichand had featured so prominently in my subconscious fantasies.

With a sigh, I pushed the dream to the back of my mind, determined to focus on the tasks at hand. But deep down, a nagging voice whispered doubts and fears that I couldn't ignore.

When I looked up from the laptop screen after a long time, I saw Mukul ji and Ansh ji, standing a bit far from me, looking at me and whispering something to each other.

"What is it? Planning something new to prank me?" I asked, with hands on my hips.

"Come on, Nidhi. I just said that for fun because it was fun listening to you cursing Sid. I have never heard a girl doing that ever before. Girls usually worship him and it was such a novelty that someone is so annoyed with him. We couldn't help it." Ansh ji said with a sheepish smile and Mukul ji nodded agreeing to Ansh ji.

"Worship? Who is he? Lord Shiva to worship?" I asked sarcastically.

"Honestly speaking, he has all the qualities of Lord Shiva. His dadi says that always." Ansh ji said with a chuckle and scoffed.

"Lord Shiva? Seriously? He is more of a Raavan. A Rakshas!" I said furiously, taking out my anger of seeing him in my dream, on him.

"Parinidhi Vyas!" The booming voice of Siddharth Raichand startled me..

A/N

Here goes the next shot..

Please do vote, comment and share..

Love,

SF❤️