SHOT 14

Parinidhi's pov!

I excitedly got into the elevator. I was thrilled. It was my first day at work. And it was my first proper job. I couldn't contain my job.

I am basically a lazy person and I had never dreamed of developing a proper career or anything. My mother was a homemaker and I had grown up watching her handling the house and us, while Papa did his job as a help in the temple and provided for the family. And I had believed that one day, I would be married and would live under my husband's protection.

But, actually getting a job filled me with an unexpected joy and a sense of purpose in my life.

It was both surprising and exciting.

I looked at the man who had stepped into the elevator with me and shot a beaming smile at him.

"Hello, I am Parinidhi Vyas. You can call me Nidhi. I am new here and I am here to make everyone's job easy. That's my job description anyways. When I told this to Bhadra Bua, her eyes had almost fallen out of her eye socket. She kept saying, you can only double people's work, how can they expect you to make it easier. As if! Nobody has belief in me. But you can trust me, I will definitely make your job easier." I said, pinching my throat in a promise gesture.

That man stared at me as if I were an alien.

"Uh oh! You just kept talking to me and I forgot to ask your name.." I said, hitting my head slightly with my palm.

"Uh! I am Ansh Trivedi. Nice meeting you.." He said and then took a double take and looked at me in disbelief.

"What?" I asked, seeing his shocked look.

"What did you say your name was?" Ansh asked and I smiled widely.

"It is Parinidhi Vyas. A Pari, just like my name suggests.." I said cheekily and he stared at me in shock.

"Parinidhi Vyas! Parinidhi Vyas?" He repeated my name a couple of times and I frowned in confusion.

"Uh yes!"

"Oh goodness! I need to see Mukul now!" I heard him murmur in panic.

"Uh! Everything alright, Mr Trivedi? May I help you in any way. After all, that is my job.." I said, quickly offering my help.

"Oh no! That's alright." He tried to force a smile on his face, but it almost looked like a constipated one.

Weird man! I thought and then shrugged it off.

How does it matter to me anyway?

"By the way, what do you do here?" I asked, continuing the conversation and before he could respond, the elevator stopped at the floor I had to get down.

"Your floor.." Ansh Trivedi said and I sighed.

"Okay, Mr Trivedi. It was nice meeting you. We can meet again and discuss more about your designation then." I waved him a bye and stepped out of the elevator.

I had spring on my feet as I walked through the opulent office corridors. I stopped by in between, introducing myself to the employees there. I found most of them warm, unlike the two ladies I met at the reception yesterday.

"Okay, Nidhi. You are so cute.."  Swati Sharma, the girl who handles the xerox and print cabin said, pinching my cheeks.

"Okay, I am supposed to report to one Ms Bhavna Chavan. Could you please tell me where her cabin is?" I asked and Swati's eyes widened.

"Reporting directly to Ms Chavan?" Swati asked in shock.

"Why? Is there a problem?" I asked curiously.

"Not really. She is a bit strict. She is good at heart, but she doesn't encourage any fun activities or overt friendships during office hours. So, tone down your chirpiness a bit when you are with her. And she has the added benefit of being the CEO's girlfriend. No one would dare to question her, even if she fires you. She had been on leave for a couple of weeks, visiting her family abroad. She just returned this morning." Swati whispered in a warning tone, scaring me a bit.

I don't want to be fired. I need this job.

"Okay. I will be careful." I said and walked towards the cabin Swati pointed out.

I knocked on the door and waited apprehensively.

"Come in," I heard a clipped tone from the other side of the door and stepped into the cabin, clutching my handbag tightly in my arms.

"Good morning, Ma'am." I greeted her and she looked up at me.

"Good morning. You are?"

"Parinidhi Vyas. New appointment." I said with a beaming smile.

She made an exaggerated show of looking at her wrist watch and then she looked at me raising an eyebrow and my smile dimmed.

"You were supposed to sign fifteen minutes ago." The woman said coldly and I stuttered.

"I was getting to know everyone as this was my first day. I actually reached the office on time." I said hurriedly.

"This is not a school or university for you to get introduced to everyone on the first day. Here, your whole focus should be on work. Not any random chit chat with the colleagues. Am I clear?" She asked sternly and I automatically nodded my head.

"This is your first and last warning. If you intend to repeat this, it is better you stay back home." Bhavna said once again and I nodded my head again.

"Good. Now sign here." She forwarded a register towards me and I signed it.

She then dialled someone on the intercom and a young man came to the cabin immediately.

"Alex, get her biometrics done and then assign the duties to her. I had already mailed it to you. Check it out and explain it to her." Bhavna told the other man.

"Sure, Ma'am." He said and then turned to me and said, "Please come with me."

With that said, Alex left and I followed him.

As soon as I stepped out of the cabin, I let out a sigh of relief. Alex smiled at me.

"Got a firing on your first day itself?" Alex asked with a teasing smile.

"Don't ask me. I don't usually let anyone talk to me like that. But I need this job, so I controlled myself." I said making a face and Alex chuckled.

"Alex James." He said, extending his hands forwards.

"Parinidhi Vyas. You can call me Nidhi." I said, joining my hands with his.

As we turned around a corner, we bumped into two men and I was surprised seeing one of them.

"You?"

A/n

Here goes the next shot!

Please do vote and comment..

Love,

SF❤️