SHOT 19

Inline comments please.. *puppy eyes🥺*

Siddharth's pov!

"What is wrong with you, Sid?" Ansh asked, as he barged into my cabin.

"What do you mean?" I asked, pretending to not understand what he was saying. But I clearly know this is about Parinidhi.

"Okay, listen. I get it, she went through your designs and you thought she was a thief. But she isn't. She is just a silly immature girl, who hasn't seen much of the world. Mukul and I got introduced to her a couple of days back and from our understanding, she is an innocent girl." Ansh said and I scowled at him.

"You mean, you were getting chummy with a girl you knew I hated. And you are coming here as her advocate! Seriously, Ansh?" I asked coldly and Ansh shot an exasperated look at me.

"She is right. You are prejudiced and judgemental. You won't look past your first impressions." Ansh said in annoyance and my nostrils flared in anger.

"She said I am prejudiced? She said I am judgemental? How dare she?" I growled and heard Ansh groan in annoyance.

"Forget I said that. Don't go berserk on her based on my words." Ansh said pleadingly.

"So she knew this was my company. And she still had the nerve to come here." I said, making Ansh frown.

"No. She had no idea this is your company. By the extent of her frustration and dislike towards you, there is no way she would have joined here, had she known this is your company." Ansh said and I frowned at him.

What did he mean by her extent of frustration and dislike towards me? How does he know the extent of it?

"If she had no idea, how did I become a topic of discussion among you?" I asked and Ansh looked sheepish for a moment.

"What? Out with it!" I demanded and he told me how he brought me as a topic of discussion among them. I glared at his disbelief.

"What the hell, Ansh!!" I couldn't believe Ansh and Mukul had deliberately created a situation so that she could badmouth me to them.

They are having entertainment at my expense.

A knock on the door interrupted us.

"Come in," I called out loudly and the door opened and in walked Parinidhi Vyas.

I looked at my wrist watch and realised she was here before the ten minute time I gave her.

"No need to look at your watch, Mr Raichand. I am not late.." She said haughtily and my nostrils flared in anger.

"You are before time, Ms Vyas. You still have two minutes. Go out and come in after two minutes. That's the time I allocated for you." I said with a smirk, pointing at the door and was fascinated by the way her aquamarine eyes turned darker, to a shade of green, because of her anger.

Her eyes were an unusual shade. I haven't seen anyone with aquamarine eyes before. A shade that is not merely rare, almost nonexistent in this country. And those eyes had been haunting me since the moment I met her. And the way they change the colour.

Could she be a witch?

"I beg to differ, Mr Raichand. I wasn't asked to come here after ten minutes. Your words, I quote 'I want you in my cabin within ten minutes, Ms Vyas.' I would like to highlight the word 'within', Mr Raichand. I came here within ten minutes as per my boss' order." She said and her words startled me out of staring into her eyes.

Damn it!

Why the hell was I staring into her eyes like that?

She is definitely a witch!!

"Well, your boss is now ordering you to get out and come back within two minutes.." I said again and she shot a furious look at me before walking out of the cabin.

"Seriously, Sid? Are you crazy? Why are you behaving so childishly?" Ansh asked in exasperation and I had no answer for that.

It is true, I had mistaken her to be a thief who came to steal my designs. That was not the case. It was evident from the background checks. But somehow, she has managed to get under my skin and annoy the hell out of me and I am finding it hard to handle it.

"What work are you going to give her? If she annoys you this much, why are you adamant on making her work for you directly? You could just ignore her and close the matter forever!!" Ansh said.

"It's none of your business, Ansh. Now leave and send her in." I said coldly and before Ansh could stand up from the chair, we heard the knock again.

"Come in,"

"Two minutes over," Parinidhi said as she walked into the cabin as if she owned it.

I saw her shooting an annoyed look at Ansh as he walked past her. She must have probably figured out that he played her. He had the gall to look sheepish.

As the door closed behind Ansh, I focused back on Parinidhi.

"What work do I have, Mr Raichand?" She asked.

Her defiance shone through her eyes. There was something undeniably captivating about her fiery spirit, even if it grated on my nerves.

"You want work, Ms Vyas? Fine. I will give you a task that even you can't mess up," I said, relishing the opportunity to test her mettle.

"Try me, Mr Raichand. I am not afraid of a little challenge." Parinidhi's eyes narrowed, her jaw set in determination.

"Very well then. Since you are so eager to prove yourself, I have just the job for you." I leaned back in my chair, crossing my arms as I watched her.

I paused for effect, enjoying the tension that crackled between us.

"I need you to organise the entire archive room. It's a mess in there, and I expect it to be sorted and catalogued within three days," I stated firmly, knowing full well the enormity of the task.

Her eyes widened in disbelief, and I could see the protest forming on her lips before she could voice it out.

"You can't be serious! That's an impossible task for one person," she exclaimed, her voice laced with incredulity.

I raised an eyebrow, a challenge gleaming in my gaze.

"Consider it a test, Ms Vyas. If you can't handle organising a simple archive room, then perhaps you are not cut out for Rey Designs."

Her jaw tightened, but she squared her shoulders, her resolve unyielding.

"Fine. Challenge accepted, Mr Raichand. But don't expect me to fail."

With that, she turned on her heel and stormed out of the cabin, leaving me to ponder the whirlwind she had stirred within me.

Despite my best efforts to remain detached, there was something about Parinidhi Vyas that intrigued me, and I couldn't shake the feeling that our paths were destined to collide again, whether I liked it or not.

What the f*ck!

A/N

Here goes the next shot..

Please vote, comment, share and follow!

Love,

SF❤️