SHOT 17

Third person's pov!

"Here's the file, Ms Chavan." Nidhi handed over the file to her team head.

She was so excited that she was called into the conference room. Swati, the girl handling the xerox and print room, had told her that only very important meetings are held at the big conference room on the top floor. Other meetings are held in mini conference rooms on the lower floors.

And one such important meeting was going on and she was invited to the meeting. Or so she believed and she was so darn thrilled.

She smiled at the new faces sitting next to Ms Chavan, but didn't get a responding smile, which made her smile dim a bit.

"You?" A booming voice echoed across the room and she looked in that direction and her eyes widened in horror as she took in his presence.

Siddharth Singh Raichand!

What the hell is he doing here?

"What the hell are you doing here? Are you stalking me?" She asked angrily as she marched towards him with her index finger pointed at him furiously.

How dare he stalk her? That was the first thought that came to her mind.

Did he bring the police with him for trespassing into his property in Pali? She wondered anxiously.

"Stalking you? Who the hell do you think you are? Angelina Jolie? What the hell are you doing here?" Siddharth asked sarcastically and she looked at him in annoyance.

Parinidhi's blood boiled at Siddharth's snide remark, her anger fueling her defiance.

"Don't you dare compare me to anyone, Mr. Raichand. I don't need your approval or permission to be anywhere." She shot back, her voice dripping with disdain.

Siddharth's jaw clenched, his gaze hardening as he squared off against her.

"You seem to have a habit of showing up where you are not wanted, Ms Vyas." He retorted, his tone laced with thinly veiled contempt.

Mukul and Ansh exchanged concerned glances, silently urging Parinidhi to calm down before things escalated further. They cursed themselves for letting this happen. They had planned to keep Parinidhi out of Siddharth's sight as long as possible. But on his very first day after returning, they had bumped into each other.

"Excuse me for existing, Mr. Raichand. Last time I checked, this was a free country, and I have every right to be wherever I damn well please." She snapped, her eyes flashing with fury.

Siddharth's nostrils flared as he took a step closer to her, his towering presence intimidating even in the expansive conference room.

"You have a lot of nerve, Vyas. But let me remind you that this is my company, and I won't hesitate to have security escort you out if you can't behave like a civilised adult." He growled, his voice low and dangerous.

His company? That was new information for her. She was shocked by that newly found information, but she quickly composed herself and glared back at him. Her anger at him overpowered the thought that she should maintain her temper so that she could hold on the job for her family's sake.

Parinidhi bristled at his threat, refusing to back down in the face of his arrogance.

"Oh, please. Spare me the lecture on civility, Mr. Raichand. Coming from someone who wouldn't know manners if it slapped him in the face." She shot back, her voice dripping with sarcasm.

Mukul and Ansh stepped forward, attempting to intervene before the situation spiralled out of control.

"Alright, let's all take a step back and calm down," Mukul urged, his voice calm and measured.

But Siddharth and Parinidhi ignored hia pleas, their focus locked solely on each other as they continued to trade barbs.

"You are impossible!" Siddharth seethed, his frustration reaching its breaking point.

"And you are insufferable!" Parinidhi countered, her voice rising in defiance.

Mukul and Ansh exchanged a resigned glance, realising that their attempts at mediation were futile.

"You are fired, Ms Vyas. Get out of my company, right now!" Siddharth yelled coldly and Nidhi's heart skipped for a moment.

Hey Bhagwan! What would she do, if she lost the job? No! No! She cannot do that!

"On what basis are you firing me, Mr Raichand? I passed an interview, signed a contract and got to this job. I am not on any probation period. I had gotten permanently placed. You cannot fire me just because you happen to have some personal issues with me. That is highly unprofessional of you, Mr Raichand." She said and it hit a nerve.

Siddharth's face contorted with rage at Parinidhi's bold defiance, his jaw clenched so tight it felt like his teeth might shatter. He couldn't believe the audacity of this chit of a girl, standing before him and challenging his authority in his own company.

"Personal issues? You have no idea what you are talking about, Ms Vyas. This has nothing to do with personal issues. You are a liability, a disruption to the harmony of this workplace. And I will not tolerate insubordination." He seethed, his voice dripping with venom. "

Parinidhi's heart pounded in her chest, fear and indignation warring within her. She refused to back down, her pride refusing to allow Siddharth to trample over her rights.

"I demand to see the terms of my contract. You cannot simply terminate my employment without just cause." She declared, her voice unwavering despite the tremble in her limbs.

Siddharth's eyes narrowed, a dangerous glint flickering in their depths.

"You want just cause, Ms Vyas? Fine. How about the fact that you have disrupted a very important meeting without even knocking, insulted your superior, and displayed a flagrant disregard for authority?" He sneered, his tone laced with malice.

Parinidhi's breath caught in her throat, a sinking feeling settling in the pit of her stomach. She had known her confrontation with Siddharth would have consequences, but she hadn't expected him to go this far.

"I have done nothing but perform my duties to the best of my ability. You cannot punish me for standing up for myself." She protested, her voice quivering with suppressed emotion.

"Bhai, Jeevika di wanted to appoint her. She will not appreciate it if you fire her." Parth, who has been a silent spectator so far, whispered in his brother's ears and Siddharth cursed under his breath, knowing that Jeevika was involved in it.

Then a smirk made its way to his face.

'Fine! I won't fire her. But I will make her life a hell here and she will herself resign her job and leave!' He thought to himself as he stared at Parinidhi angrily.

A/N

Here goes the next shot..

Guys, please share this book on your message board if possible. I would really appreciate it if you could do it for me..

Please do vote and comment..

Love,

SF❤️