SHOT 9

Third person's pov!

"Nidhi, your phone is ringing. Look who it is!" Bhadra Bua called out to her niece, who was in the kitchen stealing cookies, without her Bhadra Bua noticing.

When she heard Bua's loud voice, she startled and the cookie tin fell from her hands and hit the floor making a loud noise.

"Hey Bhagwan! Bhadra Bua will definitely kill me today." Nidhi mumbled to herself and Bhadra Bua and Priya who both heard the sound rushed to the kitchen, only to find the cookie thief kneeling on the floor and picking up the scattered cookies.

Nidhi shot a sheepish smile at her sister and her Bhadra Bua, who was looking like she would burst any moment.

"I was taking cookies for you and Priya di, Bhadra Bua. I thought we could have a random family discussion while having some freshly brewed coffee and cookies." Nidhi said, with a nervous chuckle.

"And where is this freshly brewed coffee?" Bhadra Bua asked, raising her eyebrow sternly.

"Ha ha! I was going to make it.." Nidhi said and gently placed the cookie tin on the kitchen island. Thankfully, it was a steel tin and not a glass cookie jar, like the one she broke a few months ago at her home, when she tried to sneak into the kitchen and steal the cookies at midnight one day.

The whole family had woken up hearing the crash, scared that a thief had broken in.

Nidhi's phone rang again and she took a deep breath of relief.

"That's my phone. Let me go and see who it is." Nidhi said and rushed towards the bedroom.

The name on the caller ID brought a beaming smile on her face.

"Momma!" She exclaimed as she attended the phone call.

"Nidhi.." Her mother's cracked whisper raised the hairs of the back of her neck.

"Momma! What is it? Are you crying? What happened? Anything wrong? How is Papa? Is his health okay?" Nidhi asked in a single breath and Priya, who had been listening to Nidhi's words, stiffened.

She snatched the phone from her sister and switched the speaker mode on.

"Oh Nidhi! Your papa's blood pressure shot up again today.." Chandni Vyas cried through the phone as she told her daughters what had happened.

Jairaj Vyas recently got diagnosed with high blood pressure and the assorted diseases that accompany a man with high BP. The mortgage on their house in their hometown kept worrying him. He couldn't pay it with his barely there stipend as the local help at the temple. And the small catering business Chandni does isn't a flourished one either. So, the girls had to move to the city, where their widowed aunt was living alone, so that they could make more money than in their local town.

But the catering orders they did weren't bringing in the desired money. So, Priya had started taking tuitions to the nearby kids and now Nidhi is looking for a job that would pay well.

"Mama, how is papa now?" Nidhi cried, as she asked her mother for more details.

"He is stable now. He is worried about the mortgage and the stress is taking a toll. He is doing odd jobs, but his health isn't keeping up with him. And he is worried about you two girls." Chandni said, sniffing, as she talked to her girls.

"Mama, tell papa to not worry about us. Bhadra Bua is here to look after us. And I will soon get a job. We can pay the mortgage." Nidhi said and Priya nodded her head vigorously as though her mother could see her.

This was a house owned by the girls' grandmother's family. They had inherited the house. The house had to be mortgaged out of a necessity and now they were struggling to pay it off.

After talking for a while, they hung up the call.

"Your uncle had inherited a small cottage a few miles away from here. Maybe we could put it up for sale. I will try to get in touch with a property dealer." Bhadra Bua said.

"No, no. That's uncle's property. You cannot sell it for us." Nidhi argued vehemently and Bhadra Bua rolled her eyes.

"That cottage is of no emotional value to us, Nidhi. Your uncle inherited it from some distant relative whom he didn't even know well. She was a loner and thus wrote the property off to your uncle. If it could be of any use to my brother, I would prefer to sell it rather than having it sit somewhere and be of no use to anybody. As it is, I don't have any children to pass it on. I had planned to transfer it to the two of you someday in the future." Bhadra Bua said with a shrug.

"But.."

"No more arguments. Let me make some calls." Bhadra Bua said and walked out of the bedroom to get her mobile phone.

She immediately dialled a couple of friends and got the contacts of some property dealers from her friends. And she got in touch with a few of them.

One of them agreed to meet immediately.

"Priya, Nidhi, get some coffee ready. A property dealer is coming to meet me now. He was in the locality when I contacted him and he agreed to come over immediately. Let me go and get the papers from the cupboard." Bua said and hurried towards the room and the girls walked towards the kitchen to make a fresh pot of coffee.

As the coffee was ready and Nidhi placed some snacks on a plate, they heard the doorbell chiming.

"It must be the property dealer. Let me go and see." Nidhi said and hurried towards the door.

Nidhi opened the door and found a man, probably in his early thirties, standing there with a smile on his face.

His eyes fell on the gorgeous girl in front of him and he felt lust coursing through his veins like a deadly virus.

Damn!

A/n

A story is incomplete without a villain, isn't it?

I know, I know.. Sid can handles both the roles of hero and villain nicely, but heyy, I wanted to add some entertainment..😜

Please do vote and comment!

Love,

SF ❤️