SHOT 36

Parinidhi's pov!

"Nidhi, we all are planning to go for a movie this evening." Swati said excitedly.

"We all mean? Who all?" I asked in confusion.

"Our gang girl. Simran, Arushi, Naveen and Akash. You should also come with us." Swati said and my eyes widened in horror.

Movie out with colleagues? Bhadra Bua would get her bamboo stick out to beat the hell out of me if I ask permission for this. I can practically imagine all sorts of lectures she would give me on how a girl should behave and all.

"Nidhi, I am asking you.." Swati shook me and I shot an apologetic smile at me.

"No, Swati. I can't come. Bhadra Bua won't let me." I said with a shrug.

"Come on, Nidhi. Everyone is excited about this. Simran got permission from the HR for all of us. We are lucky Mr Rai is out of station. So that we could all leave an hour early. A small shopping, movie and then dinner. That's our agenda for today. Don't opt out of it, Nidhi." Swati said adamantly.

At the mention of Mr Rai, my stupid heart began to beat at a faster pace than normal. The past couple of days have been peaceful as Mr Raichand had gone to Ratnagiri to overlook some renovation works going on in Noor Mahal. A high profile fashion event is to be held in Noor Mahal in a few months. And it has been such a relief that he is away, because when he is around, I was feeling something strange. Something that I cannot point a finger at.

Was it fear? Annoyance? Hatred? Or a mixture of it all? But then why am I feeling a strange sense of excitement when he is around? Why the hell should I be excited? I don't like him. How can someone get excited seeing someone they dislike? I am totally confused and it was such a relief that he went away from here.

"Nidhi!! Where are you lost? Are you even listening to me? Akash just messaged me saying that I shouldn't take a no for an answer from you." Swati said, pointing at her mobile screen where Akash ji's message is there.

Simran, Arushi, Akash ji and Naveen are my new friends here. They were Swati's friends. Through Swati, I got along with them quickly. Akash ji is a bit older than us, but he gets along with us well. The other four are only a couple of years older than me.

"Sorry, Swati. I told you. Bua won't allow me. Moreover, I have never been anywhere new without my sister. We have always been a team, Swati. I cannot enjoy something like this when my di isn't with me. I hope you understand." I said, trying to make her understand.

"Bring your di too. She must be around our age. So, we will definitely get along. And about your bua, I will handle her. Give me your phone." Swati said and snatched my phone from me.

"What are you doing, Swati?" I asked in panic and tried to get my phone. But she already dialled Bua's number.

I watched in horror as she talked to Bua, lying through her teeth that we have some overtime work related to some upcoming event. She sweet talked Bua and got permission from her, promising that she will drop me home before ten at night. As Bua has been seeing Swati since she and he papa drops me home everyday, she reluctantly agreed.

"Oh, by the way Bua. Nidhi mentioned Priya is good at drawing. We could use an extra hand for help. Shall we come and pick Priya from home?" Swati asked sweetly.

"Of course. Without Nidhi around, Priya would be bored. I will ask Priya to be ready." Bua said and hung up after getting more assurance from Swati.

"Hey Bhagwan. What have you done? I am shivering already. If Bua finds out that this is all a lie, she will kill me." I said, already picturing all the ways Bua would kill me when she finds out.

"Come on. Is this the same Parinidhi Vyas who is bold enough to argue with The great Siddharth Singh Raichand whom everyone here fears?" Swati asked.

"I am not scared of that Raichand. But I am scared of my Bua. That rakshas is nothing compared to my Bua."

*****

"Oh Nidhi. What if someone sees us here and tells Bua?" Priya di whispered to me and I shot a glare at her.

"I am already scared. Don't add oil to the fire within me." I hissed at her.

Right now, we are in a mall in the city. This is the first time we are coming to a place like this. Everyone was excited. But we are scared.

"Nidhi, Priya. Aren't you guys getting anything? Look at these kurtis. They are all below five hundred. Good for daily wear. Try them out." Simran said, pointing at a section where beautiful kurtis below five hundred were displayed.

We just smiled and pretended as though looking through the kurtis. Already we have to spend on movie tickets. We cannot spend anymore.

"Hey, girls. The movie is about to begin. Let's go to the cinemas." Naveen said and we all began to walk out of the apparel outlet.

As we began walking through the mall, Akash ji walked along with me.

"Priya, come here. Let's get introduced to each other." Simran said and literally dragged Priya di along with her. She had a mischievous smile on her face, but I didn't understand why.

"Nidhi, you like cheese popcorn or caramel?" Akash ji asked and I shot a sheepish smile at him.

"I haven't eaten either, Akash di. I have only eaten the normal ones." I said.

"Since you love sweets, I am sure you will love caramel popcorn. The cinemas in this mall have the best caramel popcorn in the city." Akash ji said and my mind was already calculating how much I will have to give as a share for the caramel popcorn they are obviously planning to buy.

Maybe I should just tell him I don't like popcorn.

"Uh Akash ji-" Before I could say anything I bumped into someone.

"Sorry-" I trailed off when I saw who it was.

Siddharth Singh Raichand.

He looked at me and then at Akash ji next to me. He looked back and forth at us and I saw his face tightening in anger.

Ofcourse, seeing me would make him angry.

"What the hell are you doing here, Ms Vyas?" He asked with a scowl on his face.

"Uh! We came for a movie, Mr Raichand." It was Akash ji who spoke.

"Are you Ms Vyas?" He shot at him and Akash ji cowered in fear.

"I don't think I am answerable to you about my whereabouts when we are outside the office and out of office hours, Mr Raichand." I said.

"Well, sorry to burst your bubble, Ms Vyas. Maybe you should read your contract once more. Every contract of Rey Designs specifies that the employee should be ready to work twenty four hours if needed any time.. Right now, I demand that you join me to finish some important works." Mr Raichand said, shocking the hell out of me.

A/N

Here goes the next shot..

Please do vote and comment...

Love,

SF❤️