12.

"This is a terrible idea," Stiles said the second we got out of the jeep with Scott, and I nodded, looking at the school. The last thing I wanted to do, was come back to school during the damn night.

"Yeah, I know," Scott said.

"But we're still gonna do it?" I questioned, really hoping he would change his mind.

"Can you think of something better?" Scott asked, throwing his hands out.

"Well, personally I'm a fan of ignoring a problem until eventually it just goes away," Stiles said, looking like he was over this already.

"Just make sure we can get inside," Scott said as Derek's car started approaching us.

I pulled up the back of Stiles' jeep, reaching in and grabbing out bolt cutters. "These should work."

"That's another thing on her rap sheet," Stiles said, patting my back. "She's been caught breaking into a food store."

"You did look me up!" I exclaimed, shoving him back. "And I only got caught for that once!"

"You did it more than once?" Scott guessed, dropping his head back.

"We'll have this conversation another time," I muttered, walking toward Derek's car as he got out. "Where's Scott's boss?" I asked him.

"No 'hey, how you been, cousin?'," he monotoned and I sent him a look. "He's in the back."

I looked in the back to see Deaton passed out in the backseat with tape covering his mouth and fresh wounds on his face.

"Oh, he looks comfortable," Stiles sarcastically remarked.

Scott tapped my shoulder and I grabbed Stiles, walking toward the school doors.

"Wait. Hey," Derek called out behind us. "What are you doing?"

We all stopped and shared a look. "You said I was linked with the Alpha," Scott said. "I'm gonna see if you're right."

"We'll be safe," I said to Derek with a salute before following after Stiles and Scott. "At least I hope."

"The Alpha can't get in the school," Scott reassured me and I stopped before the chained door.

"I bet all my money you just jinxed that," I groaned, easily snapping the chain with the cutter. "Can we just hurry this up?"

"Definitely," Stiles said, pushing the door open and holding it for me.

I gave him a smile, dropping the cutter behind me before walking in. They turned on their flashlights and straight away I hated the eerie feeling I got when we walked down the dark hallways and past empty classrooms. This was out of a horror movie.

"Okay, one question," Stiles started when we walked into the office. "What are you gonna do if the Alpha doesn't show up?"

"I don't know," Scott admitted, stopping beside me as Stiles walked around the desk, pressing on the intercom.

"And what are you gonna do if he does show up?" I asked.

"I don't know."

Me and Stiles shared a dreadful look. "Good plan."

Scott turned to me with an uneasy look. "You said that a wolf howls to signal his position to the rest of the pack, right?"

"That's right, but if you bring him here, does that make you part of his back?" I asked him.

"I hope not," he mumbled.

"Yeah, me too," Stiles nervously said, putting the intercom in front of Scott. "All right. All you."