67.

"I think I might get one of those," Neriah mused, glancing back at Scott's dirt bike as they walked toward the busy ER.

Scott laughed, carrying his mom's dinner in a plastic bag. "I gotta admit, it would suit the whole'Scary Hale' thing you got going."

"The what?" she laughed, shoving his shoulder. "Sometimes you say some weird shit."

"You have no place to talk! I heard you mumbling in your sleep last night when I walked down to the kitchen." He shot her knowing look and her eyes widened. "Oh, Isaac, kiss me harder," he mimicked her voice.

Neriah's jaw dropped, and she felt her face heat up. "You tell anyone about what I said, and I'll kick your ass to Australia."

"It's not as bad as what I've heard Isaac say in his sleep."

"Nope!" Neriah raised her voice, covering her ears. "I do not want to know!"

"What's going on between you two anyway?" He raised a brow as she slowly dropped her hands from her ears. "You guys are really close now. Did something happen?... Wait! Did you two kiss?"

"Scott, what the fuck?" Neriah laughed harder, shaking her head at him.

Isaac and Neriah were actually in a really good place lately. Since the motel, they had been making out here and there. Sometimes in her room, but only when Scott and Melissa weren't home. Other times either in her passenger seat or in the tray of her car.

The day they got home after that trip from hell, Neriah needed to get out of the house for a few hours and Isaac was already waiting at her car for her with pillows, blankets, and a bag of snacks in his hand. He even drove her car and they found a quiet area to park and then set up her tray, the two of them talking for hours under the starts. That night they didn't even make out. It was just the two of them, the stars, and their words. Most definitely one of her favourite memories.

"Fine," Scott grumbled, sending her a disappointing look. "If he makes a move on you, I swear to god I'll throw him into a wall."

"Jesus." She shook her head at him, only to slow down as they walked into the ER.

The whole place was in a state of mayhem. There were nurses running around to move patients and check on others that were bleeding. There were faint sounds of crying and groans. It looked like a zoo.

"I would struggle working with blood," Neriah mumbled, the scent of iron consuming her. Thank God she ate before she came.

Scott snorted, lifting up the plastic bag as Melissa turned around near the reception desk with a tired look on her face.

"I'm starving," Melissa said with a smile, taking the plastic bag and quickly turning away from them as they stopped. "Oh, I'm sorry." She placed down her food, turning back to them with a nervous smile as Neriah softly laughed. "Thank you for bringing me dinner."

"It looks like a bomb went off in here," Neriah said as Melissa pulled her into a brief hug.

"Is everything okay?" Scott asked as she pulled him into a hug next.

"Except for half the accident victims in a ten-car pile-up being rerouted here from downtown," Melissa said, pulling away from him, "and the ER attending not answering any of his pages, yeah, I'm okay."

"What does not answering pages mean?" Scott asked and Neriah sent him a dumbfound look.

By now he should know what that meant considering she had forced him to watch Grey's Anatomy about five times.

"It means that nobody can find him, so now we have to wait for the on call to get here," Melissa explained to him.

"Miss?" a lady who was clearly distressed said from behind her.