84.

(this chapter isn't edited)

"Slow down there," Isaac laughed, walking into the kitchen with Ryker to see Neriah having a shot before the halloween party.

"Werewolves can't get drunk easily," she stated, turning around to face them in the doorway, dressed in a short white skirt and a white cropped top. "So, I need to get drunk before I get there and pray that Derek doesn't show up."

"I still can't believe you let Danny use the lost." Isaac walked toward her while Ryker smirked at the pair.

"I would suggest slowing down," Ryker mused, turning around and walking toward the front door. "You're not just a werewolf anymore. You're a hybrid and hybrids can very much get drunk."

Neriah widened her eyes, already on her tenth shot of vodka while Isaac started chuckling, taking the bottle off the bench from her.

"Why the hell did no one tell me that?" she exclaimed, quickly putting the glass in the sink. "Ryker! Why didn't you tell me that half an hour ago!"

"I didn't know you had no idea," he said from the front door.

Neriah groaned, grabbing Isaac's hand and starting to pull him toward the front door. "Watch me be absolutely drunk when we get there."

"Don't worry," Isaac said, closing the door behind them with her car keys in hand. "I'll be by your side all night."

"So will I," Ryker added, getting into the backseat with a wink that Neriah rolled her eyes at with Isaac.

Since the night with the shadow figures, the boys had gotten to become good friends, especially after Isaac found out that Ryker was into the other team and not his girlfriend. Ryker still enjoyed flirting with Neriah in front of Isaac though, even if he didn't think of her in anyway other than friends.

"Maybe we shouldn't go," Neriah suddenly said when she sat in the passenger seat and Isaac got in the driver seat.

The last party she had gone to was Heather's and that ended horribly. She left with a broken heart and an open wound that still scarred her deeply, even if she wasn't in love with Stiles anymore. That night gave her issues that had plagued her mind, sometimes even with Isaac. The girl trusted him beyond a doubt, but there was always a tiny part of her that was scared. Terrified that she would get her heart broken again.

"I'm not Stiles," Isaac said gently, driving out of the McCall driveway, knowing exactly where her doubt was coming from.

Neriah froze, staring at her boyfriend who steered with one hand on the wheel as the other rested on her thigh, rubbing small circles.

"Of course you aren't," she quickly said, placing a hand over his. "And I would never say you are. I-I just have issues with parties after Lydia's and Heather's."

Ryker sat forward, sticking his head between the seats. "I'm new here so can I get a rundown of what happened?"

Neriah sighed, turning her body to look at him. "Lydia had a party once and my father had control over her and he basically made her drug us all. That night, Allison, Scott, Stiles, and I had hallucinations and mine was of Leon." Ryker's face fell as he remembered her little brother who he saw as his own little brother for years. "Then the last party I went to was because Stiles took me and Scott. That same night I caught him making out with a girl and I called Derek to pick me up."

"So Derek and I did and it took everything in me to not beat the shit out of Stiles for making her cry," Isaac added, gripping the steering wheel tighter.

Ryker raised a brow, still slightly confused. "I'm going to take a guess that you and Stiles were together?"

Neriah thinned her lips, shaking her head. "We weren't. Apparently he was going to ask me to be his girlfriend because for months he had been living with me, telling me he loves me, and all this bullshit," she sighed, sitting back into her seat. "But it doesn't matter anymore because if me and Stiles never ended, then I probably wouldn't be with Isaac, who makes me the happiest."