62.

Thankfully, Scott and Melissa said Isaac and Neriah could stay with them for as long as the pair needed. Only problem was that there was only one spare room that still had most of Neriah's things. But they figured it out in the end. Some nights Neriah would sleep on the couch while Isaac got to sleep in her bed and then it would be her turn. Like a weekly agreement.

Melissa did make one rule though that Isaac and Neriah were fine to agree with: no doors closed when it was only the pair in a room. Neriah understood why Melissa made the rule. She was her adopted daughter, and she repeated many times that she didn't want any grandkids from her or Scott.

Speaking of Isaac, Neriah hadn't talked about the heated make out session in her car again, but they hadn't forgotten it either. He was still sending her flirty glances, even around Scott which was slightly scary. But also amusing.

Stiles had randomly come over last night too, about an hour after Isaac and Neriah got there. He filled them in on Mr. Harris going missing, which was a surprise. Personally, a part of Neriah was happy, but she also felt bad for the man. There was no doubt in her mind that he was the next sacrifice, as Stiles liked to call it.

The human sacrifices turned into a bit of a heated argument between Stiles and Isaac. The beta believed it was the Alpha pack doing the killings, but Stiles did have a great argument.

Heather, the guy who was found dead at the pool, and the girl who had died in the woods were virgins. Kyle was in the ROTC, the missing music teacher was a part of a form of military and so was Mr. Harris. Three victims for each category.

Not to forget that every victim found had the same wounds and that lead Stiles going to Deaton for answers. With all the research Stiles had been doing, it traced back to the Celtic druids and even Deaton could agree that Stiles' theory was in the right direction.

Everyone who had ever looked up the Celtic druids and human sacrifices knew that the druids had a pretty big hard on when it came to giving someone to the gods. Deaton said that whoever was doing these deaths was copying what they used to do a long time ago.

But this killer wasn't a druid. Druids aren't serial killers. The point of them was to keep balance with nature. They didn't kill innocent people.

Deaton had explained that druid meant wise oak in Gaelic, but sometimes the druid could go down the wrong path and become a dark oak, also known as Darach.

Which meant the teenagers didn't have to deal with only an Alpha pack, but also some evil witch or druid or whatever it was.

In all honesty, Neriah was ready to slam her head against the wall and pray it wouldn't heal. And that urge grew stronger tonight when Scott burst into her room, scaring the living shit out of her and making her fall off the bed as Isaac died of laughter.

Scott had found out that the alpha pack lived in the same apartment building as Allison's. Literally in the apartment above hers. How ironic. An entire alpha pack living above a hunter.

For whatever reason, Scott went straight to Derek about it only to find out that the alpha already knew, along with Peter. They managed to find out the information after Boyd and Cora had followed the twin's home.

Now Derek's pack had a plan. An unbelievably stupid plan that Neriah got wrapped into.

The group of idiots were going after the alpha pack. More specifically, Deucalion. Scott mentioned something about cutting off a snake's head, but it's Scott, the way he said it barely made sense.

"I still think we're walking into our deaths," Neriah said, getting off the back of Scott's bike as he stopped in the middle of an abandoned mall.

"We're just gonna talk to him, try to reason with him," Scott promised her, pulling his helmet off as Isaac found them after driving her car there. "That's it, all right?"