45.

"I'm saying we need a new plan, because next time, one of us is gonna be to hurt to heal," Derek said with me and Scott following behind him into the shitty train he lives in. He seriously needs to find somewhere better.

"I get it," Scott groaned. "We can't save Jackson."

"We can't seem to kill him either," I added, sitting down on one of the old seats.

"I've seen a lot of things," Derek said, looking between us. "I've never seen anything like this. Every new moon's just gonna make him stronger."

"Stronger?" I exclaimed, sitting up straighter. "It can get stronger?"

Derek nodded, looking down at his hands. "The new moon is like a battery charger. His batter will get charged like ours, but more," he explained and then looked up at me with furrowed brows. "This will be your first full moon since you became a hybrid."

"And?" I shrugged my shoulders. "I've already got control of my werewolf side, have for a good two years now."

"What about your vampire side?" Scott asked, sitting down on the seat across from me. "I know you controlled yourself tonight with Isaac. Does that mean you've learnt control?"

"Wait, what do you mean she controlled herself with Isaac?" Derek cut in with an angry look brewing on his face.

Scott freaking McCall, you are going to be in shit when we get home. And he knew it too by the wide-eyed look he sent me.

"Neriah, did you drink from Isaac tonight?" Derek asked me in a serious tone with his face saying there was no room for lying.

I sighed, sucking on my teeth. "He offered for me to have a little bit of his blood and I did," I said simply narrowing my eyes at Derek. "He helped me control it, okay? So there's no harm done. And you"—I turned to Scott—"if you tell Stiles, I will lose my absolute shit."

"You have to be careful with what you're doing," Derek scolded me like a father. Caring bipolar prick. "Riah, you have the strength to lose control and hold someone down until you've drained them of blood, understand? If you do that to someone you love, it will destroy you."

"Fine, fine." I waved him off. "How do we stop Jackson?" I just need to get off this topic and now.

Derek looked between us for a long moment and then shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know. I don't even know if we can."

"Yeah, maybe we should just let the Argents handle it," Scot suggested and I agreed. They've got guns and weapons. Plus, I don't feel like being paralysed again.

"I'm the one who turned him." Derek looked down at his hands. "It's my fault."

"Yeah, but you didn't turn him in this," Scott countered. "I mean, this happened because of something in his past, right?"

"That's a legend in a book," Derek scoffed. "It's not that simple."

"What do you mean?" I asked him. "What are you not telling us?"

"Why do you think I'm always keeping something for you?" Derek accused me.

"Because you always are keeping something from us," I pointed out, throwing my hands up. "It's what Hale's do. We keep secrets so I know you do too."

"Well, maybe I do it to protect you," he exclaimed.

"You put a piece of wood through my thigh," I deadpanned, sending him a glare.

"I apologised for that!"

"Doesn't being part of your pack mean no more secrets?" Scott cut in.

Derek turned his annoyed look from me to Scott. "Go home. Sleep. Heal. Make sure your friends are safe, 'cause the full moon's coming. And with the way things are going, I've got a feeling it's gonna be a rough one."