13.

The sound of a phone ringing sounded from a distance, and I grabbed Scott and Stiles. "Wait. Do you hear that?" I asked them.

"Hear what?" Stiles asked, stopping beside me.

Scott nodded, looking at me. "It sounds like a phone ringing."

"What?" Stiles asked, clearly reminding us he has human hearing.

"I know that ring." Scott's eyes widened. "It's Allison's phone."

"Why the hell is Allison here?" I asked, rubbing my hands down my face. The last thing we needed were more people here.

"Just give me a phone," he said, holding his hand out. "Any of you."

I quickly pulled my phone out of my pocket, handing it over to him and he typed in a number before dialling it.

It rang once, twice, and then she answered. "Riah?"

"No, it's me, where are you?" Scott asked her, looking between us.

"I'm in the school looking for you, why aren't you at my place?"

"Where are you right now?"

"On the first floor."

I grabbed Stiles' arm and started pulling him with me behind Scott, urging the both of them to hurry up.

"Where? Where are you exactly?"

"The swimming pools."

"Get to the lobby. Go now."

"Okay, okay, I'm coming."

Scott hung up the phone, shoving it into my hand and I quickly slipped it back into my pocket before we started running up the stairs again. I usually love running, but right now, not so much.

We ran out the doors and into the lobby just as Allison did across from us.

"Why did you come?" Scott asked, rushing toward her. "What are you doing here?"

"Because you asked me to?" she said but it sounded more like a question.

"I asked you to?" Scott asked, glancing back at us.

"What do you mean?" I asked, stepping up to Scott's side with Stiles.

Allison pulled out her phone and then held it up to us with a text. 'Meet me at the school. URGENT - Scott'

"Why do I get the feeling you didn't send this message?" she asked, lowering her phone.

"Because I didn't," Scott said and I felt my heart drop more. Who the hell sent her that message? Was it the Alpha?

"Did you drive here?" Stiles cut in.

"Jackson did," she answered him.

"Jackson's here, too?" I asked in disbelief.

"And Lydia, what's going on? Who sent this text?" she asked as her phone rang and she answered it. "Where are you?"

Doors opened behind us, and Lydia walked in with Jackson behind her. "Finally," Lydia sighed. "Can we go now?"

A heavy thud sounded from above us and Stiles stepped closer to me just before Scott looked at us. "Run!" he shouted.

Stiles grabbed my arm, running up the stairs with me and everyone else as a crash came from behind us, which was most definitely the Alpha. We ran down the hallway and I looked back at the sound of lockers being hit and the sight of the Alpha behind us made me pick up speed. And also made fear stuck against my heart. The Alpha was close. Too close.