40.

Allison took Lydia home and promised us she would talk with her, make sure she kept what happened to herself and all that. While Derek chased after Jackson, and I got left with Stiles who was taking too long to run behind me.

I stopped, facing him with an annoyed look that made him stop. "Can you just let me run us there?" I asked him again, but already had my mind made up.

"The vampire thing still freaks—"

I grabbed him, throwing him over my shoulder before using my vampire speed to stop us next to Scoot within minutes.

Scott turned around, ready to hit one of us but I quickly caught his hand. "It's only us," I laughed, pushing Stiles off my shoulder while dropping Scott's hand.

Stiles landed on his stomach with a groan, sending me a glare as I cringed. I thought he would've landed on his feet to be honest.

"You can't sneak up on me like that," Scott breathed, leaning his head against the wall behind him.

I snorted, reaching down to grab Stiles' shirt before pulling him up onto his feet.

"Did you see where he went?" Stiles asked, grabbing my shoulder while holding his side.

"I lost him," Scott admitted.

"What? You couldn't catch his sent?" Stiles exclaimed.

Scott looked back at us with furrowed brows. "I don't think he has one."

"Fine, any clue where he's going?" I asked.

"To kill someone," Scott deadpanned.

"Ah," Stiles sarcastically said. "That explains the claws, and the fangs, and all that. Good. Makes perfect sense now." Scott and I sent him a look. "What? Come on. I'm one hundred and forty-seven pounds of pale skin and fragile bone, okay? Sarcasm is my only defense."

"Just help us find it," I mumbled, slapping him on the back of the head.

He slapped me back and then quickly stepped around to Scott's other side. "Not it. Jackson."

"Yeah, I know," I grumbled, looking around the corner to see a line leading into a club of some sort. Why were we here?

"All right, but does he know that?" Stiles asked. "Did anybody else see him back at Scott's house?"

"I mean, I don't think so, but he already passed Derek's test anyway," Scott pointed out.

"Yeah, but that's just the thing," Stiles said. "How did he pass the test?"

"I don't know."

"Maybe it's like an either or thing," I suggested, and they both looked at me. "I mean, Derek said that a snake can't be poisoned by its own venom, right? When's the kanima not the kanima?"

"When it's Jackson," Stiles answered, clicking on to what I was implying.

"Exactly, which explains how he passed the test," I stated, sending him a smile only to see him backing away from us. "Stiles?"

He pointed above and I grabbed Scott, pulling us back slowly to see the kanima tail going inside of the club.

"He's inside," Scott said.

"No shit," I sarcastically remarked.

"What's he gonna do in there?" Stiles asked.

"Probably dance and get drunk," I deadpanned.

"I know who he's after," Scott said and I looked away from Stiles to him.

"What how?" Stiles questioned. "Did you smell something?"