17.

"Yell at me one more time from the backseat and I will crash this car!" I yelled at Scott, driving Derek's Camaro while Kate Argent followed close behind. "You're still in shit with me!"

After I talked to Stiles last night, we ended up watching Harry Potter to my surprise, but it was a good few hours. We needed the small break from the world.

But tonight, is a different story.

Derek pulled up at Stiles' house with Scott an hour ago and all he said to me was to distract Kate before throwing his keys at me and then taking off on foot.

Which is how we're here, speeding along back roads while Kate Argent following close behind and Stiles holds on for dear life in the front seat with Scott freaking out in the back.

"You should go faster is all I'm suggesting," Scott said, whipping his head around to where I could see Kate's headlights in the review mirror.

"Much faster," Stiles added, also looking back.

"Hold on," I said before changing gear and pressing my foot down on the gas as the engine revved. "I missed this," I laughed, feeling the adrenaline pump through my veins.

"You've done this before?" Scott exclaimed, grabbing the back of my headrest as I took a sharp corner, making the tires squeal.

I looked in the review mirror to see his panic filled eyes before I focused back on the road. "I had to make money somehow."

"By illegal street racing?" he shouted, hitting his head on the window was I took another corner.

"Hey, Riah," Stiles said, looking away from the backseat to me. "I don't think you're grasping the concept of the car chase here."

"Stiles, I'm already going way over the limit and if I go any faster, I'll kill us if we crash," I said, glancing at him for a second.

"Well, if you don't go faster, they're gonna kill us!"

"Just let me drive!" I grumbled, dropping a gear again and pressing my foot all the way down, sending Stiles back into his seat and making Scott hit his head on the back window, again.

Stiles grabbed the handle above his head and the side of my seat as he looked over his shoulder. "She's gone," he said.

"What?" I asked, furrowing my brows and slowly releasing my foot off the gas as I looked over my shoulder to see the car gone. "Where did she go?"

I faced back to the road and Stiles pressed on his police radio. "All units, suspect is on foot heading into the iron works."

"We gotta go to—"

"I know!" I took a left, bringing the car up to speed again. "Stiles, get ready to climb into the backseat," I informed him, taking a right and heading straight toward the iron works.

"How the hell did you get a license?" Scott asked, moving into the seat behind Stiles.

"Because I can drive," I stated the obvious, seeing the iron works come into sight. "If I couldn't then Derek would've got one of you to drive or we would be dead by now!"

"Just stop questioning the woman!" Stiles exclaimed when I drove between buildings and pressed my foot on the breaks, stopping in between Derek and the hunters. "Get in!" he yelled at Derek, throwing the door open before climbing in the back.

Bullets fired toward Derek as he ran to the car and the second he was next to me, I slammed my foot on the gas, not even giving him time to close his door before we were already off.

"What part of laying low don't you understand?" I asked my cousin, speeding out of the iron works.

Derek hit the roof of his car out of anger. "Damn it, I had him!"