Chapter 21 // Gray-sama Prefers Juvia

Chapter 21- Gray-sama Prefers Juvia

Juvia's POV
I couldn't quite believe what had happened. Honestly my heart felt like it was glowing inside me; the blood rushing through my veins left my fingers tingling, my lips quivering. Lips that were slightly apart in amazement.
"Gray-sama..." Emotions flowed out of me and I felt a single, glistening tear roll down my cheek- tears of happiness that is. Suddenly all the rejections, all the heart break, didn't matter- suddenly I had hope and I was going to hold onto it with all my strength.
My moment of bliss was interrupted by a vigorous knock on the door. Praying Gray was back, I wiped my eyes and jogged to the apartments door. The hinges swung open, revealing a flustered Levy.
"Juvia, Juvia, something weird's going on. Where is everyone? Me and Gajeel-"
"Woah, slow down, Juvia can't understand what you're saying. Juvia thought you just said that you were with Gajeel."
"Yes, actually, um- that's not the point! We heard something, a cry for help, but there was nobody there. Where's Lucy?"
I considered for a moment.
"Juvia has no idea where Lucy is- Lucy is probably crying because Gray-sama prefers Juvia. If you were with Gajeel, where is he?"
Levy glanced around, surprised.
"I thought he was here... Holy Mavis it was the ghost oh holy friggin Mavis that damn idiot oh holy frick frackin-"
"Calm down, he's probably okay. Juvia isn't sure where everyone is but Juvia will help you search for them." I patted Levy supportively on the shoulder. Then- nervously- we set out in search of the rest of Fairy Tail.

Gray's POV
I was strolling along the track to the beach when I heard the sound of broken sobs coming from my left. Before I knew what I was doing, my feet were taking me of a side path that I had never even noticed before and my fists were clenching ready for a fight.
"Carla, Carla..." A small girl murmured through her hands as tears streamed down her face.
Wendy.
"What happened? Wendy? Are you okay?" I asked, racing to her side and gathering the usually strong girl into my arms. Seeing the closest thing I had to a sister like this made my heart ache and my blood boil. Who ever had made Wendy cry like this was going to pay.
"She's gone, they took her, I couldn't save-" another broken sob took the last word from her mouth, but there was a definite end to that sentence.
"Who did they take?"
I knew the answer even before the heartbroken whisper left the dragon skayer's innocent lips.
"Carla."

Juvia's POV
"Happy? Where are you?" Lucy's voice echoed down the hall, reaching me and Levy.
"Lu-chan! Natsu!" Levy ran towards them and flung her arms around her best friend.
"Hey, Levy!" Lucy returned the hug, though her eyes were still scanning the area around her.
"Have you seen Happy?" Natsu interrupted, desperation weaved through his usually carefree voice.
"Juvia hasn't seen him."
I was surprised to find that the blue cat was away from Natsu even for a moment- they were usually joined at the hip, causing mischief wherever they went.
"Me neither, sorry guys... But do yo know where Gajeel is?" Levy pulled back from Lucy, gazing desperately into her friends eyes. The celestial mage merely shook her head apologetically.

Gray's POV
"It'll be alright Wendy, we'll find her. She's probably just gone to stretch her wings- the sky's so clear today I imagine it's great for flying." I comforted, wiping the tears from her delicate cheeks.
"She always comes when I call. Always."
I had an awful feeling in the pit of m stomach, but I needed to stay cheerful for Wendy's sake.
"Sitting around worrying won't do anything, so come on- let's go looking for her."
The dragon slayer just nodded her head miserably as I helped her to her feet.
We only walked a few paces before I spotted something.
"Wendy is that...?" I murmured, and she tensed as she saw it too. Wendy ran to the bush, and carefully pried it free, her fingers shaking a little.
A shiny pink ribbon was caught in the lower brambles- the same ribbon Carla had been wearing in her tail. A few cat hairs accompanied it- and not all of them were white.
There were blue chunks of fur, and black.
Panther Lily and Happy.
"We have to find the others." But Wendy didn't move. She pushed a few thorns aside, ignoring as they tugged at her skin, and leant down to examine the ground.
Beneath the bush was a slab of mossy stone, and into the stone words had been engraved.
"Here lie four warriors." Wendy read.
And I wouldn't have thought anything of it, if not for the fresh crack that ran through the weathered marble.