Chapter 11 // You Know. It's Emotional.

Chapter 11- You Know. It's Emotional.

Gajeel's POV

I'd been chatting with Bickslow for a while when I suddenly noticed Levy crying. She was sat in between two deck chairs with her knees pulled up to her chest, rocking back and forth with a steady stream of tears dripping off her chin. Bickslow saw me looking, and a small smile appeared on his face.

"Go comfort your girlfriend, she looks like she needs it." before walking over to where Lisanna was doing some sort of weird stretching thing. I didn't even bother getting angry about his comment; I was already sat in front of Levy.y

"Hey, shrimp, what happened?"

Reaching one shaking hand under the deck chair, she pulled out a book with a yellow cover.

"This is what happened." she whispered in a wobbly voice. Then she did something that completely surprised me. Levy threw the book. She threw in over my head, and watched it sail through the air, pages flapping, before it fell to the ground around six metres away. The emotional blunette then chased after it, hurdling me. I quickly stood and turned to see her jumping up on down on the book, sobbing her heart out.

"I hate you, Rainbow Rowell. I hate you!"

Forcing myself to move from the spot, I ran over to her and pulled her away from the poor novel.

"Hey, calm down. What's so bad about the book?"

"How she ended it. Or rather didn't end it."

Half an hour later, Levy finished her rant. At some point whilst she spoke the midget had picked up the book and was hugging it tightly. To be perfectly honest I hadn't picked up much of what she was saying- just that the title was Eleanor & Park and the main characters were (surprise surprise) called Eleanor and Park. And the two were dating or something. I just sort of sat there letting her talk and pretending to listen.

"...so I don't know what the three words are and I never will and it's just so unfair." my favourite mage finished, leaving an awkward silence between us.

"Oh." Was all I could manage.

"Er, sorry, Gajeel. I just... You know. It's emotional. Thanks for listening." she mumbled, looking down at her feet (we were sat cross legged on the sand) and wiggling her bare toes. Getting to my feet, I offered Levy a hand, which she took, and helped her up. We just stood there for a little while, staring at her hand in mine. Everything about us contrasted. My nails were chipped and dirty: her's were clean and neatly filed. Her skin was pale and soft: mine was tanned and rough. She was small and fragile, whilst I was anything but. My eyes made their way up her arm and eventually rested on her face. I gazed hard into her soft brown eyes, and she looked back into my hard red pupils.

After what seemed like forever, I looked away and let go of her.

"I know what will cheer you up."

Lisanna's POV

"What are you doing?" asked Bickslow as I lay back and gazed up at a lone cloud in the vast, blue sky.

"Relaxation yoga. Or rather, I was." He flopped down next to me and also stared up.

"Why?"

"Whilst I was away it... Helped me to not feel sad. Every time I though of home, of Earthland Fairy Tail, I would get so worried. Worried about Elfman and Mira, and Natsu and Happy. About everyone. Yoga just helped me to relax, and now it's a habit and a hobby."

Bickslow nodded thoughtfully, and we lay in comfortable silence for a little while. Well, a long while- I think I may have snoozed at one point.

"Don't look now but Gajeel and Levy are having a moment." Bickslow muttered, pulling me back to reality. Of course, I looked.

The two were holding hands and gazing into each others eyes.

"Mira is going to love this."

Levy's POV

I was a little disappointed as Gajeel led me away from the beach; I'd been trying to scream everything I wanted to say with my eyes alone.

Alas, he was an idiot.

The iron dragon slayer shoved his hands into the pockets of his black shorts, and I noticed for the first time that he was shirtless.

If only he would turn around and allow me to check him out...

As if answering my prayers, my favourite mage stopped and turned a full hundred and eighty degrees giving me a fantastic view of his six pack.

"...vy...Levy.... Blah blah blah... Blah blah... Blah... you listening?" I was vaguely aware of him talking so I looked up at his smirking face.

"Why were you staring at my stomach?" he asked, and I just shrugged managing to suppress the blush threatening to give me away.

"It's level with my face, where else should I look?" I tried to look as innocent as possible. He wasn't buying it...

"Right, well as I was saying, this is the library. Biggest in Fiore." My mouth opened as I looked at the huge building behind him.

Books.

Everything else in the world ceased to exist; all I knew was that I needed to soak up everything in that beautiful building as I began to run across the grass. The doors opened, inviting me in.

Time slowed.

I was in heaven.

There were shelves and shelves of all kinds of books, with sofas doted around along with coffee tables and little fish tanks. An old woman began to walk towards me and as she neared I was able to read her golden, shiny, heavenly badge.

Librarian.

My eyes locked with hers, which were a steely grey, and she opened her mouth to speak.

"No running in the library." said she, light glinting in her glasses.

An angel.

"Hai..."