Chapter 10 // And Talk in First Person

Chapter 10- And Talk in First Person

Gray's POV

Fighting flame brain was kind of exhausting, so after he wandered off to find Happy I flopped back on the sand for some shut eye. It was way to hot for an ice make wizard like me, but I knew that if I froze the beach Erza would destroy me. Speaking of which... Where was Erza? The last he'd seen of her had been when she sprinted out of the dining room like the hounds of hell were on her tail. Whatever. Maybe she saw some strawberry cake or something. Yeh she loves strawberry cake. Or maybe it was something to do with that tv thing she watches, Sherlock.

Okay, brain, shut up.

"Stupid heat..." I groaned.

"Uh... Gray-sama... You looked a little hot so Juvia brought you an umbrella thing." came the nervous voice of the one and only Juvia. Forcing my lids up, I looked at the water mage as she stuck a huge beach umbrella in the sand by my head. Today she was wearing this huge sunhat and a blue bikini.

"Oh, thanks." I closed my eyes again, relieved to be shaded. I was vaguely aware of Juvia sitting down in the sand next to me, but I really couldn't be bothered to look.

"Gray-sama... Your clothes."

S***.

I leapt to my feet, and looked around for my shorts- finding them a few metres from where I had been lying but really, who could blame me? In this sort of weather, all anyone wanted to do was strip and freeze everything. Once again flopping beneath the umbrella, I hopes that Juvia would leave- the heat made me irritable and I could use some time alone. But no. She sat there staring at me.

"Juvia heard that Mira is planning a beach barbecue on Christmas eve and uh..." she looked away uncomfortably, and I barely suppressed a groan. The ridiculous sunlight has given me a horrific headache.

"What is it, Juvia?"

"Juvia was wondering if we could maybe go together?" she blushed furiously.

Not again. She was so obsessive and at that moment I couldn't deal with it.

"Sorry, Juvia, you know I don't see you that way." I cooly replied, not bothering to look at her.

Eugh, I needed a freezing shower or something.

"Then maybe we could go as friends?" She asked, though I could hear the disappointment in her voice.

"Damn it, I said no." It came out angrier than I meant it to, and I inwardly cursed. Get it together.

"J-Juvia is sorry. She didn't mean to make Gray-sama angry, Juvia just-"

I lost it.

"For the love of Mavis, just shut up! I get that you like me but I don't feel the same way! So just leave me alone, you're so obsessive."

She just looked at me in shock.

"J-Juvia-"

"And talk in first person! The way you speak is just weird!"

Oh Mavis... I took it too far.

Juvia's POV

"And talk in first person!"

Juvia felt humiliated...

No, I felt humiliated.

I felt hurt.

I felt stupid.

How could he say that?

Leaping to my feet, I began to run as fast as I could towards the hotel, aware of the tears that were steaming down my face. Somewhere in the distance I heard somebody calling my name, but I didn't stop. I just wanted to get away from the horrific memories his words brought back. Just needed to be alone. As I was about to enter the hotel, I felt a hand on my arm, pulling me back and spinning me around.

"I'm sorry, Juvia-" Gray started, but I was shaking with anger.

"Leave me alone, Gray! Juv... I get it, ok? I get that you'd never love me. I get it. And if you hate how I speak that much... Fine."

The anger was fading, leaving just hurt.

"It's fine. But please, just leave. Just leave me. I know that it's weird, believe me I do. Now let go." I turned my head in an attempt to hide my tears. After a few seconds, Gray reluctantly let go, and I quickly walked away.

Gray's POV

I watched her walk away feeling pure guilt.

Well done, baka.

One of her hands rose up to her face, probably to wipe away tears, and i noticed that her whole arm was shaking. I didn't mean what I said and I didn't expect forgiveness. But when she's said my name I'd realised just how badly I'd blown it. Gray. No sama. It shouldn't upset me but it kind of did.

A/N

I know I know, my chapters are way too short! Gomen! I'd love to promise that they'll get longer but somehow I doubt it.

But anyway...

What do you think so far? Since it's the summer holidays I have plenty of time for writing so maybe that makes up for the ridiculously small chapters? And sorry for how cliché that was ^ but I needed a way to make Juvia kind of distant.

I feel like so far this is pretty boring, but I'm better at writing fluff than action. Just please keep reading:)

FPF

Xxx