A/N

Hi everyone! Above is a photo of me now. I got older! (didn't get taller though, still waiting on the growth spurt).  

What with the whole global lockdown, this would really be the best time for me to actually finish this story and I wish I could, I know how frustrating an unfinished work is. Unfortunately, its years since I read or watched Fairy Tail and I haven't the faintest how to write fanfiction anymore. Sorry about that- and sorry that my younger self never completed this, for everyone who has enjoyed reading the story to this point.

Plus, there's the fact that aged 19 I really don't write in the way I used to. Fun update: I actually just finished my first year at the University of Oxford where I study English Language and Literature. Who'd have thought I'd end up getting there. It's funny to think of myself years ago, reading and writing so much on Wattpad about all the manga and anime I was into, and then to compare that version of me to who I am now- i.e. someone who definitely takes literature and writing way too seriously. 

I've also won a national award for a poem I wrote last year, and it got read out on BBC radio 3 by Juliet Stevenson which was the strangest experience of my life. Again: it's crazy to think that I started with writing and sharing this book, and now here I am, sort-of published (one poem is better than nothing). 

I'm still writing a lot, when I have time amid all my university work, and the dream is still very much to be a published writer. Give me ten years and we'll see where I end up. 

The point of this post is basically just that I'm not going to be finishing any of my stories. I was writing them aged 12-14 and I'm a different person and a different writer now. Logging back in to Wattpad for the first time in a long time was really lovely for me though- it's great to see people enjoying this story especially, and my others too. So many thanks for the kind words, making each other (and me) laugh with your comments, and for reading in the first place. It's very flattering!

Okay okay that's enough sentiment and rambling. Lockdown is clearly getting to me if it's making me shout into the void like this. Hope everyone is safe & well: be kind to yourself, be kind to others, make sure to get at least a breath of fresh air if you can.

Over and out, 

Heather