Chapter 2 // Why'd You Pack That?

Chapter 2- Why'd You Pack That?

Natsu's POV
My stomach woke me up just before six.
I didn't get up though.
My measly 2000 calorie bed time snack last night was nowhere near sufficient to keep me going for more than a few hours, but Lucy hadn't stocked her fridge all week and I knew she'd be upset if I ate everything.
So yeh, I was half starved, but I didn't get up because a certain blonde had her head burrowed in my chest and was mumbling something along the lined of 'I swear I didn't eat it, I don't even like strawberry cake'.
I didn't get up because it felt nice to feel her warm breath on my stomach as she started rambling about her hatred of strawberries (even though I'd seen her eating them plenty of times).
I didn't get up because I was too busy wondering how my arms had ended up around her.
I didn't get up because it felt right.
Something about having her pressed against me and my arms wrapped protectively around her waist gave me a sense of peace, and I wasn't going to end the moment just because I wanted breakfast. Instead, I pressed my lips to her forehead and inhaled the scent of her hair. All I wanted was to somehow pull her closer...
The feeling was new, but it was there. A tingling in my stomach and everywhere she was touching me.
But I wasn't sure what exactly it was.

Lucy's POV
I woke up to the scent of a log fire.
And something really warm was lying beside me.
And somebody had their hands around my waist, and their chin on my head.
And my hands were apparently pressed against a bare tanned chest that I knew really damn well...
Oh.
I blushed furiously as I pulled my hands away and looked up into a certain pair of slanted eyes.
"Morning, Luce." Natsu grinned, and I just lay with my mouth hanging open like an idiot.
"Why are you, uh, hugging me?"
"I don't know, it just feels nice."
I'm pretty sure my face was hotter than his flames at that moment as I pulled away and leapt up.
"You can't just hug people when they're asleep it's weird-"
"Well you were nuzzling my chest, there wasn't much else I could do."
"I, um, I'll just go make breakfast." I squeaked, hurrying over to the apartments kitchen.

After we'd eaten pancakes with strawberries (Natsu gave me this weird look when I mentioned the red fruit) I announced that I was going to pack my bags ready for the trip and that he should probably do the same. Sadly he didn't take the hint that I wanted some alone time and explained that Happy was getting both their stuff. I mentally face palmed before pulling my suitcase out from under my bed and starting to pack.
"Why'd you pack that?" he asked from where he was doing his 'morning press-ups'. I looked down at the bikini on top of my growing pile of clothes.
"Well we don't know where we're going, and I want to be prepared." Natsu nodded, as if giving me permission to continue.
A few moment later, he asked again.
"Why'd you pack that?"
I looked down at the camera I'd added.
"To take photos- that way I won't forget the holiday. Once again, the idiot nodded.
A few moments later he asked again.
"Why'd you pack that?"
I looked down at the shampoo I'd shoved in.
"To wash my hair."
He carried on relentlessly.
"Why'd you pack that?"
"To read in the evenings."
"Why'd you pack that?"
"To wear if it's cold."
"Why'd you pack that?"
"Natsu, it's a tooth brush- why'd you think?"
He sighed and flopped onto the floor. I carried on packing and fortunately he was silent. Finally my suit case was full, and I zipped it shut.
Natsu sighed again.
"I wish Happy were here. You're so boring today."
Before he could carry on moaning, I had disposed of him.
I heard the satisfying splash of my best friend hitting the water a few seconds later.
Never underestimate the Lucy Kick.