Chapter 12 // The Carpet is so Soft

Chapter 12- The Carpet is so Soft

Erza's POV

I was sat outside the room Mira was hiding in, leaning against the wall beside the door. I had re-equipped into the clothes I had originally been wearing although I felt more at home in armour.

I could have easily busted through the wall, however I was trying not to destroy the resort- Natsu and Gray were more than sufficient for the job of breaking this place. Suddenly I heard a nervous cough.

"Ahem, Erza, hi." I looked up to see Jellal smiling awkwardly down at me. Blushing furiously, I leapt to my feet, noticing that the whole back of his head was swollen to twice the size it should've been.

Oops.

"Hi, Jellal." I decided to play it cool.

"What are you doing in this corridor?" He asked, looking around at the empty hallway.

"Oh, you know. Chilling." I leant casually against the wall.

"In... A corridor?"

"Yeah, the carpet is so soft out here." I replied, bending over to stroke the floor.

Play it cool.

Jellal was giving me a what drugs are you on look so I stood up again, making sure that my movements were slow and relaxed.

"Oh... So uh, I brought this." He pulled a plate out from behind it and on it was...

"Strawberry cake." I gasped, gazing at the incredibleness he held.

Eat me, called the cake, eat me oh great and mighty Titania.

"Yes..." I reached out towards the slice of heaven, my mouth watering.

Then I remembered Jellal.

How was I going to take the cake from him? I looked my new rival over, wondering how best to grab the deliciousness and run.

"It's for you." he offered it, and I looked up at him dazed. How could he give up something so amazing...

Before he could change his mind, I grabbed the plate and sprinted down the corridor, completely forgetting that I was meant to be destroying Mira. In fact, I forgot everything- everything but my need for cake. Where to hide, where to hide... I made my way up the next flight of stairs, which surprisingly didn't lead to another corridor- instead I found myself in a weird sort of gallery. The walls were covered with paintings, and one of five girls caught my eye in particular.

The first had straight blue hair which fell to her shoulders, gentle purple eyes and a shy smile. The clothes she wore were beautiful- a sunset orange dress that fell to just above her ankle with a pink sash around the waist accompanied with pair of white sheep skin boots. In her left hand was a purple shield decorated with gold (slightly celtic) designs whilst in her right was a thin gold staff decorated with ribbons and topped with a black and purple orb. The final thing I noticed was a gold circlet which decorated her pale forehead. The circlet held a small, faintly shimmering purple stone.

Next was a girl with strangely warm black eyes. Her most noticeable features were two black ears poking out from her forest green hair, but somehow they didn't look at all strange. My eyes were drawn to a huge black axe with a red tip which she held by her side, and they then proceeded to travel over her short black and red dress and matching black fingerless gloves. She had her arm linked with that of a grinning red head with loosely curled hair which she wore in a high pony tail. She in turn had white rabbit ears that seemed to enhance her cheeky brown eyes. A green kilt showed under her silver armour, and pale brown boots covered her feet and ankles. What I really loved about the girls appearance, however, was the blue handled sword that she held in her gloved left hand. The sword was beautiful- long and slim and...

"Hey, Erza." I turned to see Jellal, and suddenly remembered why I was hiding in the gallery.

"I'm not going to take your cake." He backed off a little at my murderous expression, and I relaxed a little- though not completely.

If need be I could draw a sword in under a second and chop off his hands before the idiot could even consider tasting my delicious, mouthwatering, life changing cake.

Sitting down on a bench which sat against one of the walls, I slowly picked up the fork and used it to cut of a piece. Then, savouring every moment, I lifted it to my mouth and placed the piece of heaven onto my tongue.

Jellal's POV

Watching Erza eat was like watching a mother hold her new born child. She was careful with the cake, yet excitement and love filled the room as each piece made it's way through her lips.

It was then that I realised...

Erza loved another.

If she looked at me with even half as much passion as she gave that strawberry cake I think I would just die. My whole body would melt into a puddle of lovesick Jellal.

My head still throbbed from being thrown against a tree, but I didn't really care so long as I got to see Erza happy. If only I were brave enough to ask her out.

Finally she finished eating, and setting the plate aside my favourite person finally calmed down.

"Do you know who those girls are?" asked Erza, nodding towards the portrait of five teenaged girls on the wall across from us. I just shook my head in reply, walking over to have a closer look.

"Perhaps they founded this place?"

She frowned.

"No, that was some middle aged weirdo- I can't remember his name."

We stood in comfortable silence, our eyes wandering over every splash of colour and and brush of paint.

"You want to know the story behind that painting?"

We both turned in synchronisation to see a man with a short beard and explorer hat.

A/N

This chapter is dedicated to EVERYONE OK GUYS 200+ VIEWS THAT'S CRAZY!

I

Love

You

All!

Seriously though, this is incredible, I only put this story up last week so I can't tell you how grateful I am. Never in a million years did I think this would happen- I just came back from a holiday and to find this waiting for me was mind blowing.

And 20 votes as well...

*victory dance*

So have a hug all of you.

And kisses.

And chocolate. (Haha no the chocolate is mine)

Heath

Xxx

PS: So the manga is killing me right now...

THE GRUVIA IS JUST SO BEAUTIFUL!!!

Like seriously they have to become cannon considering that even Silver ships it.

I shall say no more incase any of you only watch the anime...