Chapter 18 // Solid Script- Bug Spray!

Chapter 18- Solid Script- Bug Spray!
Lucy's POV
Just as Levy and Gajeel's lips were about to meet, my best friend pulled back and said something that caused the dragon slayer to panic. I watched in horror as he began hitting himself on the head and dancing on the spot, knocking books of the shelves as he leapt about with terror written all over his face. Levy too appeared to be squealing and attempting to slap him across the face.
"They were so close to..." I whispered, shaking my head in frustration.
"What? What were they doing?" Natsu asked cheerfully, and I suddenly remembered that I had my arms wrapped around him as I covered his eyes. Blushing a little I quickly withdrew.
"Nothing, come on."
Grabbing Natsu's hand and yanking him along behind me, I sprinted round thebuilding until I found the door, and then navigated my way through the shelves following the sound of shouting
"Get it off!"
"I'm trying! Stand still for Mavis's sake!"
"It's in my hair, it's in my hair, ew ew ew!"
Me and Natsu rounded one last corner to see Gajeel trip over his own feet and fall kind of gracefully at Levy's feet. A huge, black spider launched itself from his head and towards Levy. Time slowed as it flew towards her face, and I held my breath as she rose her hands.
"Solid script- bug spray!" Levy cried, and the words appeared around the spider. It froze in mid air, then fell to floor. Just when we all thought it was over, the beast's legs twitched, and it began desperately dragging it's way towards it's prey with the last of it's failing strength.
"Oh no you don't!" I screamed, rushing to the aid of my best friend. Leaping into the air I yelled out my usual war cry of 'Lucy Kick!' and before the arachnid could react my foot connected with it's grotesque body squished beneath my weight.
Levy looked pleasantly surprised to see me, however her smile quickly faded as she looked over to where Gajeel was sprawled on the floor.
Suddenly, Natsu and Happy burst out laughing, pointing at the three of us.
"You're scared of spiders!" squealed gleefully, before falling over and having a fit of giggles on the floor. "That's so weird!"
I gave him a look that Erza would've been proud of.
He stopped laughing.
"Sorry, Lucy, I just meant-"
I was about to set virgo on him when I heard Levy's panic filled voice calling Gajeel's name. She was knelt by his side, shaking his shoulders.
"Gajeel, stop it, wake up already you baka!" Her eyes shone with tears as she flung her arms around his neck, burying her face in his hair as he lay still. Whoever said spiders were harmless was a maniac- if one of those eight legged creeps could defeat a wizard as strong as Gajeel, imagine what they'd do to a powerless child?
As I watched, Gajeel's eyes slowly fluttered open, and he took note of Levy's small arms around him. With the faintest of blushes and the tiniest of smiles he said,
"Gihi."

Natsu's POV
Immediately, Levy pulled back, her eyes filling with joy.
"Gajeel! You're alive!"
The dragon slayer shrugged, sat up, and gave his hair a quick flick.
"Of course."
I just didn't get why the three of them were so bothered by an insect, but I didn't dare say anything else for fear of Lucy- who'd clearly been spending too much time with Erza. Suddenly, the blonde began to back away from the two, a soft smile spreading across her lips, and she grabbed my wrist and began pulling me away.
"Come on, let's leave them together."
Her fingers were cool against my warm skin, and I allowed her to lead my back outside. Suddenly the smile left her face, and she frowned.
"Where's Happy?" she looked all around us, and I realised that we hadn't seen him in a while.
"I don't know, what did you do to him?"
"Me? I didn't do anything! He's your exceed."

Our IdiotsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara