Chapter 8 // She Could Never Hurt Me

Chapter 8- She Could Never Hurt Me

Mira's POV

I was lying on a rug in the rose garden with a blank notebook and beach bag. As far as I was aware, everyone else was on the beach. Though I was sad to miss out on the action, I had to prepare my holiday romance chart book.

I opened up the first page, pulled out a black marker and began to write.

Couples to Be:

Lucy X Natsu

Erza X Jellal

Levy X Gajeel

Juvia X Gray

Wendy X Romeo

Lisanna X Bickslow

A shadow appeared, blocking out the sun which I had been enjoying. I looked up to see Erza holding one of her swords.

"Why is Jellal here? And what are you writing?"

"I have no idea, and that's private."

The red head glared down at me, but I wasn't afraid of her. She could never hurt me.

"You want to go?" she hissed,

She re-equipped into her heaven's wheel armour.

Oh.

"Snake!" I screamed, pointing into the grass behind her so that she turned her gaze from me for just a second; I had just enough time to stand up with the book in my arms and start running before she was chasing me.

"Get back here!"

Giggling as I went, I sprinted around the side of the building and towards the library where I hoped to loose her. As soon as I entered I stopped laughing and began to walk (no noise or running allowed) as quickly as I could through the book shelves, trying my best not to pant. After a minute or two, I decided I was safe and collapsed into a sofa... Only to see Erza turning a corner and spotting me.

Screw rules.

Leaping to my feet I was off again at full speed, dodging the librarian as she yelled about library law. Also deciding that things were too serious for being good, my fellow S-class wizard was hot on my heel as we escaped the maze of book shelves. Not quite sure where I was going, I entered the hotel and jogged up the stairs until I reached our floor.

"Mira!!!"

I saw that the door to one of the boys rooms was open, so I pelted down the corridor and flung myself through as it swung shut. Then I collapsed into giggles as Erza began pounding on the door and screaming death threats.

"What are you doing?" I looked up to see a certain blond mage staring down at me with a really judgmental face. Once I had briefly explained, Laxus just kind of looked at me like he wasn't sure what was meant to happen next.

That's when I realised.

If I left the room, I was dead meat. But this was also Laxus, Gajeel and Bickslow's room- no girls allowed. Surely they wouldn't send me to certain death...

"You don't have any sleeping bags, do you?"

Laxus's POV

Mira was currently lying on the sofa watching me making her a cup of tea. I wasn't quite sure what to do with her, but this seemed like a good way to start.

"So you invited Jellal?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at the white haired model. She nodded cheerfully, and I couldn't help but smirk at her antics.

She never ceased to amaze.

"She's pleased really, but she won't admit it. Erza finds it easier to force innocent demons (such as myself) to barricade themselves in hotel suites than admit her feelings." she laughed, before flinging her arm over her eyes. I carried over her mug of tea and set it on the coffee table.

"Let's play a game." Mira sat up and crossed her legs. I just rolled my eyes and walked over to the door which separated my room from the rest of the hotel suite.

"Please Laxus!" she followed me, sipping as she went, and I groaned as I lay down in bed.

"What do you want to play?"

"Truth or dare!" she sat on the floor and gazed at me with hope filled eyes.

"You can't play with just two people." I reminded her, and Mira frowned. Sighing she lay on her back across the blue-green carpet and folded her arms.

"We have to do something."

"How about sleeping."

I shut my eyes and we were silent for a little while. Then Mira muttered something about not being able to sleep on the floor, but refused to go use one of the other beds. So I offered her mine, and she smiled triumphantly as I sacrificed the comfortable mattress for the floor. I leant against the side of the bed with my knees up and rested my head against the duvet.

It was actually kind of comfortable.

"Night." She whispered as I began to drift, and I mumbled something about it being early afternoon.

She just laughed and started playing with my hair.

Then I was dreaming.