Chapter 17 // Want to Know the Goss

Chapter 17- Want to Know the Goss
Jellal's POV
Me and Laxus walked together in silence, both lost in thought. We were friendly enough with each other but my head was still so full of Erza that I couldn't think of anything else to talk about. When we reached our corridor Laxus was a few paces ahead of me, and just as I was about the round the corner he flung an arm into my path and shuffled back a few paces.
"Look," he smirked.
I poked my head around the corner and felt my jaw drop. Juvia was stood in the doorway of her suite, hugging something to her stomach, and stood only inches away from her was Gray. Gray, who'd rejected Juvia a thousand times, was brushing the back of his index finger along her cheek bone, and their words just about reached where me and Laxus were hiding.
"...Juvia is so happy." the blue haired water mage whispered.
"I'm pretty chuffed to." Gray dropped his hand and looked away, and I could've sworn he blushed. I heard Laxus snort in laughter, but I could only stare sadly down the hall. Why weren't me and Erza like that?
"See you later." Gray muttered, before walking away from Juvia and... Towards our hiding place.
"Laxus! He's coming!" I hissed, panicked, but the blonde just shrugged and smiled menacingly.
"Let him come."
I waited, not daring to breath, until the ice mage rounded the corner. Before he had time to process the two of us huddled against the wall like naughty school boys Laxus grabbed him by the hair and started dragging him through the corridor, laughing as Gray gasped in shock.
"Oy! Get off!" he yelled, grabbing at the lightening mage's wrist in an attempt to free his hair. Deciding that it was too interesting to miss, I chased after them- forfeiting my bed for whatever Laxus had planned.
"Shut it Gray, unless you want your girl friend to hear."
Gray's entire face dropped as Laxus's words sunk in to his frozen noggin.
"Juvia isn't my... I was just... It was just..." he spluttered, turning limp as he searched for a way to explain himself.
"He's in shock." Laxus hissed at me, and both of us glanced down at the limp mumbling man.
"What are you going to do with him?"
"I just want to know the goss."
I stared at him for a moment.
"The... Goss...?"
Laxus rolled his eyes.
"Even I enjoy a bit of gossip from time to time. Now help me drag the idiot to the interrogation room."

Erza's POV
Me and Mira left the gallery quite soon after the boys, and began making our way back to our corridor.
"Hey, Erza," Mira began, stopping suddenly in the middle of the corridor. I stopped to, glancing round to look at her.
"What is it?" I asked, feeling a little anxious as I looked straight into her thoughtful eyes.
"Do you really not know how Jellal feels?" asked the white haired mage, and I swear my heart skipped a beat.
"What do you mean?" I asked in a small voice, looking down at my feet uncomfortably as the small nagging hope I'd been trying to repress crept back into my mind.
"Oh, it doesn't matter. Just don't pretend you aren't head over heels." grinned Mira, her serious look replaced with a gentle smile.
"E-ey?! What're you saying? I don't- I'm not-"
"Whatever. Jerza is love, Jerza is life." Mira gazed dreamily into the distance for a second before suddenly giggling to herself.
"W-why are you laughing? What's Jerza? A-anyway what about you and Laxus, hey?"
No sooner had I spoken the words than Mira had transformed into a demon and had me pinned against the wall.
"Think very carefully about what you're about to say, Erza Scarlett."
Her cold breath blew a lock of hair from my face as I gazed right back into her flame filled eyes. Mira's pupils expanded a little as I gently pressed the edge of my knife against the back of her neck, and I smiled menacingly.
"Two can play at one gama, Mira ja-"
I stopped mid sentence as a sounds reached my keen ears- the sound of muffled voices and somebody being dragged.
"... gotten fat. How far to the cupboard?"
"Two metres."
"I can't... make it."
"Juvia...me...not..."
"Yes, you can. Come on man."
"Not...girlfriend...just..."
"But he's so heavy!"
I easily recognised the voices; Laxus, Jellal and Gray. Me and Mira let go of one another at exactly the same time, and we both quickly returned to our normal states. Then we were off towards the sound. We found the boys in the next corridor along, Laxus and Jellal dragging a drunken looking Gray.
"What happened to Gray?" Mira asked suspiciously. Laxus looked up at her in surprise before his face settled into a slightly creepy grin.
"Juvia happened."