Chapter 1 // It Was Still A Holiday

Chapter 1- It Was Still A Holiday

Lucy's POV

The morning was cold. Each window of the guild had its own design of frost and icicles blocking out the majority of the natural light which would otherwise be flooding in from a frozen sun.

It was one of the few chilly days Magnolia had ever seen- and one member of Fairy Tail was especially pleased.

"Juvia thinks maybe Gray-sama needs a shirt." Juvia offered Gray the clothes he had thrown off a few seconds before. He just grinned, before running over to Natsu.

"Hey flame brain!"

The pinkette leapt up and stood on his chair.

"What do you want, ice princes-" a snow ball hit him in the mouth. Gray was bent double sobbing with laughter.

A few minutes later the whole guild was a chaos of snow balls, fire, and Elfman's yells of 'fighting is a man'. Meanwhile I had made my way over to the table where Wendy and Levy were sat. They looked up from the books they were reading to smile knowingly at me.

It was just another day in Fairy Tail, if a rather chilly one.

"Listen up brats!" Master's voice roared over the noise, and everyone immediately shut up.

"As you all know, it's nearly Christmas. So as requested by Mira, we're going on holiday!" Cheering filled the guild, but I saw Levy freeze.

"Mira...?" she whispered.

Mira was the guilds matchmaker- and she'd stop at nothing to get all her OTP's together. So if she had requested a trip...

I had the feeling we were in for an interesting few weeks.

When I got back to my apartment that night I was suprised but pleased to find it empty- usually Natsu and Happy would be waiting for me.

"Well tonight, apartment, it's just you and I." I sighed contentedly.

A few minutes later I was lying in my bath, humming under my breath, and thinking about Mira. Just after Master made the announcement, she'd sauntered over with an innocent smile on her face, and whispered,

"I have so much in store for you girls." before practically skipping away.

We were probably doomed.

Whatever.

It was still a holiday, and I was excited.

I got out the bath, tied back my damp hair, pulled on my pyjamas (a blue over sized T-shirt with the words 'Let it Go' in white and some comfy, worn leggings) and gave my teeth a quick brush. At last it was time for bed.

I fell back onto my warm, rather lumpy...

"Ow, Lucy, you're heavy." Came the muffled voice of my partner.

"Natsu! What are you doing in my bed? I want to go to sleep!" I yelled, scrambling to my feet and blushing furiously as he shoved his head out from under the covers. The idiot just grinned like a damn kid, and it looked stupidly cute. He grabbed my arm with one tanned hand, and pulled me down next to him.

"Then go to sleep."

I was about to say something about decency, but his snores had already filled the room. So instead I leant my forehead against his and told him how completely impossible he was and that I hoped he never ever changed.