Chapter 13 // Back to her Angelic Side

Chapter 13- Back to her Angelic Side

Laxus's POV

I woke up with a stiff back.

After a few seconds I realised that I hadn't fallen out of bed, but fallen asleep on the floor- though it wasn't until I stood up that I remembered why. Sure enough, there was Mira with her hair a bit frizzy and nose a little wrinkled. Seeing her curled up on her side pulling unattractive faces in her sleep almost made me laugh- where was the usual perfection? The seemingly effortless smile and bright eyes? One pale hand lay beside where my head had been resting moments ago, but it was strangely clenched so that each of her perfectly manicured nails dug into the palm of her hand in such an aggressive way that I was certain there would be marks left. Not really knowing what else to do, I tried to pry open the cage she had created with her hand in the hope that they would come loose with only a small tug.

In reality, she clenched tighter.

Finally I was able to slip my thumb in between her fingers and tug them open a little to reveal four claw like white marks on her otherwise smooth palm, however the colour quickly drained from them until they blended into the natural creases. A frown formed on Mira's face and suddenly I felt her grasp onto my wrist as if she were trying to get my attention.

"Are you awake?" I asked, and the take over mages lack of response was answer enough.

Mira was still asleep.

Then, almost silently, she began to mutter something.

"L..."

L?

"Lisanna..."

Of course, her sister. Mira probably presumed that I was Lisanna- who else would be in her room when she woke up?

Not that it was her room.

Deciding that I was about ready to stretch out my aching muscles, I gave her a quick (aggressive) shake so that Mira's eyes flew open within two seconds.

"Satan soul!" She yelled, leaping up in utter confusion and doing a full body take over in order to shove me up against the wall with a single hand to my neck.

"Evening." I managed to croak out despite that I was being suffocated.

"Evening, Laxus." Mira quickly lowered me down and changed back to her angelic side.

Mira's POV

My brain couldn't quite process what the moon was doing as me and Laxus wandered through the halls to where there was apparently some sort of famous gallery. My heart was telling my it was morning, yet my brain was telling my it was still early evening.

Sleeping in the afternoon was never a good idea. It had only taken me two seconds to pat my hair back into shape before we left Laxus's room, silently snuck past Gajeel's door and headed out of their apartment in search of entertainment in the form of paintings.

It wasn't long before I spotted the yellow door with a small plaque which read: 'The Lunate Gallery- founded in X769'. Another small laminated sign was pinned above a small blue tin and asked for donations for a charity that worked on restoring old artwork from ancient cultures and long forgotten ways of living. Feeling slightly guilty as I thought of all my jewels sat in a purse on my bed side table, I quickly walked up to the door and wrapped my fingers around the handle ( though the palm of my right hand felt strangely tender) and with the gentlest tug the door swung open to reveal Jellal, Erza and a small man with a spotty bandana tied neatly around his neck sitting together on a long bench.

"Mira, Laxus." greeted Erza, and I was amazed that she seemed to have forgotten the death threats she had whole heartedly issued only a few hours before.

"Good evening." I smiled, stepping into the room and walking across to where their small party was gathered.

"What are you doing here?" Erza asked, although her gaze was focused else where. I looked to where their heads were pointing but there was nothing that struck me as particularly exciting.

"Just stretching our legs, how about you?"

Erza blushed a little, and I immediately smelled a secret make out.

"Well Kit here was telling us a story about the girls in that painting across the room. They were an elite group of warriors who fought together years ago but they've all died now." began Erza, but Kit quickly butted in and began to explain the legends which surrounded the five, pretty young women. I found myself caught up in their tragic tale as I gazed into the eyes of a girl with purple hair. They appeared friendly at first but the longer I looked the more shadows seemed to cloud her face despite the seemingly genuine happiness of her features. Laxus didn't seem all that excited by the story, and he left quite soon along with Jellal as me and Erza listened intently, as if the words were entrancing us.

A/N

Almost fell asleep writing about five times, so tired and my brain is mush but here it is. It might not make any sense so sorry:( It's just short and rubbish but please forgive me, I just need sleep and food xxx