Chapter 9 // Happy's Tasty Fish Hotel

Chapter 9- Happy's Tasty Fish Hotel

Lucy's POV

I was lounging on a deck chair sipping an ice cold lemonade which had a twirly pink straw and umbrella. The ice chinked against the glass as I set it down on a small table to my left.

Luxury.

Levy was sitting to my right reading 'Eleanor & Park' (A/N: read it the other day, so good) sporting high waisted denim shorts and a pink lacy cropped top. I, meanwhile, was wearing my usual white floral bikini and slowly melting away into a steaming mess of celestial mage.

"Lucee." the familiar voice of Happy whined from above me, and I opened my eyes with a sigh.

"Hey, Happy."

"Natsu and Gray broke my sand castle." he was barely suppressing tears, his paws shaking and eyes scrunching up.

Opening my arms to him, I let him bury his face in my chest as he started crying.

"It was going to be a hotel for fish and I was going to show Charles and and..." I held him tight as I stood up from my comfortable deck chair (the things I do for that cat).

"Well then, let's build an even better one! And if Natsu or Gray even think of touching it, I will end them." I smiled down at him.

"A...aye." he managed to smile back as I carried him across the beach.

"So, where would you like to build it?"

We chose a reasonably quiet spot on the beach, far away from where Natsu and Gray were fighting, and set to work building the 'fish hotel'. I summoned Virgo to help, and then Loke and Aries came using their own magic so that we had plenty of extra hands to build.

And build we did.

An hour later, it was finished, and Happy was grinning from ear to ear.

"I did it!" He cried, and me and my spirits sweat dropped.

"We did it." I corrected, and the blue cat simply laughed and shook his head, admiring the swimming pool Virgo had dug (Aries had lined it so that the water we poured in stayed put) and sign me and Loke had created claiming it to be 'Happy's Tasty Fish Hotel'.

"Now, to catch fish for my hotel!" He produced a fishing rod from what seemed like nowhere.

"Oh, you going fishing Happy?" Natsu walked (well sprinted) over and stopped a few metres from our sand castle.

Happy gave him the evils, and I stepped forwards.

"Natsu, you and Gray broke Happy's other sand castle and didn't even say sorry or help him build the new one. What do you have to say for yourself?" Happy flew up into my arms and nodded pathetically.

"I can't believe your siding against me, Happy! We're partners!"

"Well Lucee is much nicer than you."

"What? You're always moaning about how mean she is."

Ouch.

"This relationship is over, Natsu." Happy buried his face in my neck, and started purring as I stroked the top of his head.

Natsu's mouth fell open.

"But... What?" he stood in complete shock, and I almost laughed at the look of total rejection on his ridiculously tanned face. After a few seconds of silence, Natsu perked up and whizzed off across the beach spraying everyone with sand where his feet hit the beach. Only moments later the pinkette was back with a bucket of fish.

"Sorry, Happy. I was going to give these to you but-"

"Natsu! I love you! Put them in the swimming pool!" He flew away from me and hovered above the fish hotel as Natsu tipped the poor creatures in.

Natsu's POV

I slung an arm over Lucy's shoulders and rested my chin on her shoulder.

"Let's go eat." I pleaded as Happy flew off to find Charles.

"I'm going back to my deck chair." she replied simply, removing my arm in order to set of across the sand towards where Levy was still sat. Before the blonde could get away I grabbed hold of her arm and turned her round to face me.

After a minute of puppy dog eyes she gave in.

"Oh, fine, but I'm not paying."

"You're the best, Lucy!" I set of running dragging her behind me.

"Ah, Natsu!" she squealed as she tripped over her own feet, letting go of my hand as she fell face first.

I offered her a hand as I struggled to keep in the laugh which was trying to force it's way out of my closed lips. It was exactly the sort of thing Wendy would do.

"No, I can't be bothered to move."

She curled up in the sand and started mumbling something about feet and pain and tiredness.

"I'll give you a piggy back." I offered, and Lucy immediately perked up. She leapt onto my back like a monkey, clinging to my neck as I grabbed her legs.

"You're heavy..." I muttered, earning me a slap across the back of my head.

"Giddy up, Natsu."

This was bringing back memories of that time the girls got drunk...