Chapter 4 // Every Little Detail

Chapter 4- Every Little Detail

Mira's POV

Everyone was excited for the vacation, but so far only a few people (including Wendy and Charle, Gajeel, Gray and a rather flustered Levy) had arrived. I'd seen Levy and Gajeel arrive together, and noticed that he dropped her bag next to her when he walked in, and I couldn't help smiling to myself.

"What's got you so happy?"

I looked up from the plate I was drying and smiled at the wizard who was leaning on the table in front of me.

"Coffee, Laxus?" I asked him, setting down the cloth and plate.

"Yeah, thanks Mira. But you didn't answer my question."

I got him what I considered to be his favourite mug (he didn't admit it but I knew he loved pikachu really) and went over to the coffee machine.

"Why wouldn't I be happy? We're going on holiday."

Laxus arched an eyebrow as I carried him his drink and set it down beside his elbow.

"Sometimes I wonder what's going on in that head of yours." He leant a little closer to me, and I placed a hand on my hip.

You don't want to know, Laxus, you really don't.

"Care to know a secret?" I tilted my head to the side and gave him one of my famous heart melting world destroying smiles.

He leant a little closer.

"Depends what." Laxus once again arched his eye brow again. God, it was hot when he did that.

"We're going to Pariffel."

That made him laugh.

"Really, Mira? The city of love?" I nodded, and he shook his head at me.

"It's a secret." I sung, before walking away. Once I'd finished drying the plates, I took a rather grumpy looking Gray his breakfast ice cream. When I set down the chocolate brownie sundae and asked what was up he merely grunted and started eating. Next, I made Wendy a hot chocolate (with an artistic swirl of whipped cream and a dusting of cocoa powder, just how she liked it) and handed it to her. Charle already had her sushi, Levy had eaten at home, and Gajeel was snacking on a few iron nails whilst talking to Lily, so I returned to the counter where Laxus was sat.

"So why do you want to go to Pariffel?" he sipped his coffee with a strange expression on his face. I tapped my nose as I sat on the counter beside where he had pulled over a bar stool.

"Sometimes I wonder how much I actually know about you, Mira Jane Strauss. How much anyone knows." The lightening mage was gazing right into my eyes as if he could look into my soul through them. And maybe he could. He was certainly a powerful wizard.

"What do you want to know?"

Laxus's POV

I thought about the question. What did I want to know? How is it possible for somebody to be as beautiful and sweet yet demonic and hot as you are, Mira?

Yeh, maybe that wasn't the best question to start with.

"Well, if you don't mind me asking... Cats or dogs?"

"Cats."

"Pancakes or waffles?"

"...waffles."

"Yellow or red?"

"Yellow?"

"Summer or winter?"

"Summer."

"Moon or sun?"

"Probably moon."

That one surprised me.

"Ice or water vapour?"

She laughed at that one.

"Um, water vapour?"

I took a long swig of coffee, before placing down my mug ( Pikachu, seriously?) leaning back on my chair, and folding my arms.

Mira's POV

"I have two more question's." I heard the guild door open as Juvia, Erza, Bickslow, Freed, Elfman, Lisanna and Lucy arrived.

"Ask away."

"What would you not do for Lisanna?"

I wasn't expecting that, and I looked down at my hands which were clasped on my lap. I remembered how I'd felt when I thought she had...

"Nothing."

He nodded as he looked over at her. We were silent for a few moments as I felt memories flood my mind. Laxus surprised me by laying his warm hand on my shaking arm.

"Lightening or stars?" Laxus finally asked, and I replied without a second thought.

"Lightening."

Then I felt myself blush a little, as I slid of the counter, grabbed his empty mug and walked away.

"Hey, Mira."

I looked back at him as he stood up from his seat. There went his eyebrow again, up up and away into my own personal heaven.

"Some day I'll know every little detail about you. And that's a promise."

And then he sauntered away leaving me stood there gazing after him when I should have been sorting Erza's strawberry smoothie.

Idiot.