is it worth it?

-Taylors Pov-

I'm in the car on the way to the restaurant, but the New York traffic is as slow as ever. It gives me plenty of time to talk with my best friend Blake on the phone though, that's always a plus.

"don't chicken out, this could be good for you," she says, and I sigh. I've been trying to talk my way out of this date, but she won't let it budge. Not that I need her permission to bail, but I need to talk to someone about it.

"I hardly know him. I've never met him in person Blake. We only talk over the phone" I'm meeting up with Travis Kelce for the first time, a famous tight end for the Kansas City Chiefs. He made me a friendship bracelet and tried to have it delivered to me at the Kansas City show of my tour, with no luck on that. I heard about it and reached out and we have been talking non-stop ever since.

It's not like me to reach out to a stranger, but watching the video he posted with his brother I couldn't not reach out. he seemed like a decent guy, funny and like a family man. But it's risky, there are reasons why I don't do stuff like this. But I'm single, as of a few months ago, and there is something about him that made me want to meet up in person. I did need to be talked into it by Abigail, Blake, and Selena but I still got in the car today.

"it doesn't matter that you don't know him, that's what first dates are for" she argues, and I know she is right obviously. "but it's risky Blake. My situation, my life. it's not easy and I don't want to... you know. I don't know if I can trust someone new."

My life is complicated, more now than ever thanks to my ex, Joe, so bringing in someone new could be a disaster. Am I really ready for someone new? Can I really bring someone new into my life with how complicated things are? Because it could very likely blow up in my face and change everything forever. There are reasons why I don't really bring new people close to me, secrets that need to be protected.

The car stops in front of the restaurant I'm meeting Travis and I take a deep breath "Got to go, Blake, I'm at the restaurant" I tell her, and we exchange goodbyes before hanging up. There is no going back now, I'm here and I'm doing this. It will be fine, right?

My security escorts me into the building without being spotted by paparazzi and I'm taken to a private dining room where Travis is already waiting for me. it's my first time seeing him in person and damn he looks just as good as he does on camera. He is taller than me, bulky from all the working out, and has this adorable face but with a mustache, I find that attractive.

"Taylor" he gets up from his chair and smiles at me, showing off his dimples. It's the kind of smile that's contagious and I can't help but smile as well. "hey you"

I assumed he would go in for a handshake, but instead, he comes over and wraps me in a hug. He smells of pinewood and something slightly spicy, probably his cologne and whatever bodywash he uses. I'm tall but damn he is almost a head taller than me. I get tucked right against his chest, my head resting comfortably, and I can't help but bask in his scent for a moment. The hug seems to last forever and not nearly enough at the same time.

"it's nice to see you in person for a change," he says as we pull away. He pulls my chair out for me and pushes me in before taking his seat opposite me. the table has nice white linens and candlelight's flickering in the middle. It has a romantic ambiance.

"the phone doesn't do you justice" I say, and my eyes widen, I meant to think that not say it. I'm mortified but he burst out into laughter, and I can't help but join in. I'm nervous but it's the good kind of nerves, I've liked talking to him so far.

"says you? you're way more beautiful in person" he grins at me and heat creeps up on my cheeks. I'm not that good at taking compliments, they have been few of those from my ex over the last couple of years, I'm not used to hearing them. Sure I get complimented all the time, but this is different.