Chapter 7: Wrong

Ines' POV

Dark green eyes staring at me. If looks could kill, then I'd be definitely dead by now.

His friends are both holding me, keeping me in place as he continues to stare at me while holding a sketchbook in his right hand.

"What do you want?" I asked, trying to sound brave.

I'm scared, I truly am, but I don't want him to know that I am scared or threatened by him.

"You will never succeed, Victoria." He pulled out a lighter from his pockets, which immediately alerted me, and for some reason, I'm getting deja vu.

"What are you going to do?!" I shouted as I tried to escape from the hands of his friends.

He just gave me a terrifying smile.

I looked at my best friend who was beside him. My eyes were pleading for help, but she just ignored me and turned his head into this scary man in front of me.

I felt a pang in my chest as I saw my best friend cling her arm to this man's arm.

Masakit. Sobrang sakit. Itinuring ko siyang kapatid tapos ganito ang gagawin niya sa akin? Bakit nga ba niya, nila, ginagawa 'to sa akin? Wala naman akong ginawa o ginagawang masama sa kanila, lalo na sa kaniya. Kaya bakit? Bakit?!

Hindi ko maintindihan kung bakit kailangang umabot sa ganito. Kung bakit kailangang gawin niya 'to sa akin at sirain ang matagal naming pagkakaibigan.

Dahil ba 'to sa inggit? Galit? Selos?

What did I even do to her?!

Never ko talagang inakala na magagawa niya 'to sa akin. I've never felt so brayed in my life.

The man with dark green eyes started to ignite the lighter. My eyes immediately widened when I realized what he was about to do with the lighter and my sketchbook.

No way.

"Stop it! V! I'm begging you! Don't do it!" I begged as I again tried to escape from his friends. "Please, V. I need that! Don't do this!" I looked at my friend with a begging look.

I hate to beg but I have to do this.

"Julia, please? Julia, I didn't do anything wrong to you. Why are you doing this?! Let's fix whatever we need to fix between us, please?"

Tears were building up in my eyes as I both looked at them with a pleading look.

I hate to beg and whine, but if it's the only thing that could spare that sketchbook. Then I'll do it. I'll lower my pride and beg.

"Julia!" I screamed as the man with green eyes started to lit up the whole sketchbook right in front of my eyes.

No. No. No! This can't be happening!

"What did I even do?! Julia! Stop him!" I screamed and begged for the nth time today.

No. No. No. No. No. No. I need that!

"You'll never make it, Victoria." My world collapsed when he lit up the end of the sketchbook. "And I'm making sure you never will."

And with that, my world and dreams shattered in just a split second.

Nawala na ang lahat ng pangarap ko. Nasira na ang mga pangarap na binuo ko sa aking isipan.

Wala na. Wala na.

I stared deeply into those dark green eyes, and there I saw the reflection of my burning sketchbook... my burning dreams.

His friends let me go after he dropped the tiny remaining piece of the sketchbook on the floor.