Scene 2

Inside is a girl who is sitting down with her feet up on the seat, sketching in a sketchbook. Various colors of pencils sit in a small pouch that sits at the end of her feet. A trunk and brown suitcase is sat overhead of her on the luggage rack, and a messenger bag is sitting in the corner of the compartment. The girl's face is hidden by her hair, which has fallen into her face since she is looking down, focusing on her sketchbook. They trolly witch strolls by and opens the girls compartment door.

Trolly Witch: Anything from the trolley dear?

Laney looks up from her sketchbook and turns to the witch.

Laney: One chocolate frog please.

Trolly Witch: That’ll be 13 Sickles please.

Laney rummaged through a small pouch that was kept in her messenger bag and pulled out exactly 13 Sickles. The Trolly Witch then hands Laney the chocolate frog and heaves the compartment door closed. Laney stows away the frog in her messenger bag, saving it for later. She then picks back up her sketchbook and pencil and continues to draw. She has drawn a nice picture of a Billywing, and is now making the final touches to it. Just then, a girl with blonde hair pulls and an uplifting spirit appears, opening the compartment door- it’s Addison Myers.

Addison: Hi Laney! You don’t mind if I sit here, do you? My brother is being a pest again.

Laney sets down her sketchbook and shakes her head.

Laney: Of course not! Come on in!

Addison comes inside the compartment and sets herself down.

Addison: So, did you bring your case this year?

Laney: Of course I did! It’d be silly of me to forget it.

Addison: Well, have you told Scarlett about it yet? I know we’ve only known her for a short while, but still.

Laney: I don’t know if I should or not… I mean, I could but, I wonder if that’d be jumping in too fast, you know?

Addison: True, but you did tell me when we first met!

Laney: Because you were my friend and I didn’t know not to tell the first person I befriended!

The girls laugh, recalling the memory.

Addison: Well, I’m glad you did end up telling me.

Laney: I’m quite glad I told you too. So, what have you been up to lately?

Addison: Not much! I’ve been out to town a lot, just trying to get away from home. Went to the park, met up with some old friends. Nothing too exciting? What about you?

Laney: We visited some family and explored the towns of Dorset. It was pretty cool! We also managed to get our hands on a new creature! I’ll have to show you it later!

Addison: That sounds like so much fun! You guys are so lucky that you get to do such cool things!

Laney: Well, if it makes you feel any better, you could always come along with us next summer!

Addison: Really? That would be so cool, I’d love to come!

Laney: Yeah! A bit of convincing of my parents should do I think. I’m sure they wouldn’t mind anyways, you’re my best friend!

The two sat there in the compartment, smiling. They were glad to be seeing eachother again, and they were glad to be going back to Hogwarts, the place that so many called home.